Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job Interview Tomorrow.. UPDATE: Got it - First Day was Today

Job Interview Tomorrow.. UPDATE: Got it - First Day was Today

I have an interview at The Fudgery tomorrow at 10am. I emailed the district manager yesterday, and went in today to pick up an application and talked to the store manager. He said the district manager called and read him my email and said I sounded very outgoing and confident! He also asked what I was applying for (crew, manager, etc) and he said I might as well just go for a manager because it would impress the DM. Soo.. I'm excited! I didn't think my email was THAT great... I just told him a little about myself and my background hehe. So maybe he just said that to everyone who came in, but it looks promising. He said if I was good, they would FIND somewhere to place me.

I know its not the BEST job in the world, but it sounds like something fun and I would rather have a job that I looked forward to going to and had fun at than one that was boring and I dreaded going to every day.

UPDATE ON PAGE 2
    Last edited by Jessika; 04-01-2006 at 06:27 PM.

facebook

I hope you get the job - and I agree - having something fun to go to work to makes life a lot more stress free and enjoyable.

Good Luck!

Good luck. I couldn't work there..... I'd eat everything!

Yummy yummy yummy I agree Carmen, I couldn't work there either There wouldn't be anything left to sell! Good luck at the interview, be sure to let us know how it goes! Sounds like it would be a fun job

good luck .
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Good luck Jess.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Best of luck

It was my personallity that landed me this fun job
    Its not the greatest pay, but its enough to live off of & I enjoy going to work & almost always forget that my shift is over

I had no real skills to offer this company, but my personallity won them over, they kept moving me around the company, just to keep me & 2 managers were fighting over me hehehe I'm a quick learner & enjoy doing any sort of work in a friendly enviroment.

I find having a nice smile, no perfume, very little body mist (2 quick sprays), no to very little make up & a young go to attitude tends to win over a lot of managers

Good luck!!

i dont know what teh Fudgery is, and havent looked at the link but i assume it invloves food..........so i´m just hungry now

congrats and best of luck!!! you´ll knock them down
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Woohoo I landed it! Very quickly.. would start TODAY but don't have my social security card.. I have to drive to Springfield to get another one! But I'll start tomorrow then! HJ is very happy, he says he is treating me to a big juicy T-bone steak at a steakhouse tonight lol

The Fudgery makes fudge, but you also put on a show while doing it. You sing, dance, there is backup vocals and everything. So I am in the "entertainment" and "food" biz now I guess LOL

facebook

Good for you! Have fun - and be sure to tell us all about it.

Fudge? I would be your first customer!!!

Congratulations!

Whatever happened to the petstore job?

Yay! Congratulations!! Hope everything goes well on your first day at work, whenever you start
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Where did you work before?

I HATED my work before too. Like some of the people there were nice but not all the time. And the owner was being a real @#$%* and was yelling at me to take my peircings out so I said I quit! And now it seems that everyone misses me and the people who were a little mean are upset I left
    Anyways I got a job at a pet food supply store and were going to be getting in some rescue bunnies from a HUGE bunny rescue crew. I'm so excited!

I'm glad they really liked you sounds like fun. Although I dont think I could handle the singing cause I'm awful..in fact I dont think the staff would be able to handle my singing!! LOL. But I'm sure you will do great!
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by CagneyDog
    Congratulations!
    Whatever happened to the petstore job?
    Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Where did you work before?
    I worked at PetCo but had to leave because I moved and there is no PetCo in this area (and the nearest Petsmart is an hour away).

I went to Springfield (hour away), got my SS card and went to this pet supply store that opened recently and they sold all the "high quality" pet foods that I have been looking for! HJ isn't too happy, he says the prices are outrageous (but Nutro is anywhere from $5 - $7 cheaper per bag!!). The lady there even offered me a job!! But its a shame its so far away, otherwise I would be working there now LOL

But I'm happy I got a job, I picked up my shirt when I brought her my SS information and I start Saturday!

facebook