Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KIA'S HOME!!!!

silly Kia, you worried your mom, don't do that again!

Kia, darling, I REALLY, REALLY do NOT need any more grey hairs! Thank God you're back safe and sound! You worried your Kimmy and us half to death! GOOD GIRL, STAY!!!!!!

Phew.! I woke up this morning thinking about Kia and hoping she was home! I was in the shower wondering if I would have enough time to check Pet Talk before I had to start work....

I'm so glad she's home safe and sound!!

*grins*

I dyed my hair red to cover all the gray I was getting.

When I got home I gave her tons of hugs and kisses. She was so happy to see me she danced. Kia is so silly.

When dad got home from work he just gave her that look and she looked sad and forelorn. I think she scared dad more than she did me.

I was really glad she got home safe after I got the full story. She had ran off to the neighbors backyard and was sniffing around their pole barn. Dad ran over there and got a few feet from her when she bolted. Dad ran back home, got his truck and started driving down the road. He saw her sitting in our other neighbors front yard, 3 houses down. He pulled in their driveway and got about 8 feet from her when she took off again.

Dad again got in the truck and was following her as she barrelled across the yards. When she got to the cornfield she ran across the road in front of him, and took off into the other cornfield and into the woods, just booking it. Dad drove up and down the road, hoping to see her standing by the side of the road, with no luck.

Dad suspects she was a good mile or more away from home at the rate she was running......

Just happy she got home safe......
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Now I can relate to that! My Siberian Husky LOVES to run, she has escaped MANY times, she escaped few weeks ago for several hours, and she came back on her own, satisified what she had done, and just lay in her favorite spot in the backyard, and that's that. She has done that few times, I can tell you this, it's VERY scary when she goes off like that. I love that dog to death. Now my Rosie (beagle) is almost JUST like her. - Rachel
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Talking about running off, today when my mother-in-law was leaving Roxey bolted out the door! OMG was my first thought, I'm gonna have to chase her down! She got to the car (she must have thought we were going to school) and I called her name. She immediately stoped and turned around. Thank God, because a car came driving by! I knelt down, claped my hands and said"Roxey, Come" and she did! I was soooo happy! Guess this was my first (hopefully last!) scare like that! I'm so proud of my girl! Guess the obedience classes have paid off!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Lucky.. my Sibe doesn't EVEN come to me when she's on the run.. when she is on the run, she doesn't even listen, and she just keeps on running.. lol, crazy girl. Seems like everytime I yell " Anna, come! " she'll just keep on going! Same thing with Rosie. - Rachel
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Same with Kia. Runs and doesn't listen. Hearing is automatically turned off. She thinks it's a gift....
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June