Thread: new addition- help and pics

Threaded View

new addition- help and pics

There was an auction this weekend and I missed all the horses because I was at school. Well after school my dad and I went to look at all the horses that were already sold- I was dissapointed that my dad didn't buy one. Well I came across this gorgous paint filly. I told my dad how she is soo pretty and my dad goes "Happy Birthday". He got me her!!! I was sooooo excited I swear I was about to burst. I wanted a horse ever since I was 5 years old, and now I finally got one! Each of her eyes are blue and brown. I am not sure if she is a pony or horse... if you know then please tell me. btw she's 2 years old.

This is what I need help on. She is EXTREMLY scared of everything. She won't approach you and she bucks at everything. Well once you finally get her on a lead rope, she is a little more calm and everything. Today I put her on a rope that was tied to a post so I could groom her. She spooked and started bucking and went in circles around me and tied the rope around my stomach. I have never been so frightened in my entire life. My dad helped me out and she kept bucking and the rope was tied around her legs. She finally calmed down and my dad unhooked her so she was free. I can't get close enough to check for injuries, although she seems just fine. How do I get her to trust people?!? This is what auctions do to horses, it's so sad. Anyways, advice would be appreciated... we are taking things slow right now. I know she just needs to get used to all the animals and Jack and such.

Her half blue eye....

Last edited by dab_20; 03-26-2006 at 09:58 PM.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*