Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Random Announcements

Just a little announcement:

I am still here; with college work I hardly get time to pop into PT any more. Thank you to those who sent e-mails and PMs asking how I'm doing. The pets are fine, and things have been going pretty smoothly lately, apart from the fact my grandmother was burgled a fortnight ago, and I've just recovered from an infection.

Oh, and for those who have facebook, (My friends finally persuaded me to get the darn thing. ) please PM me if you wish to add me.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I'm very happy.
    I'll never forget today.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I'm very happy.
    I'll never forget today.
    Considering that I have had a very bad day today, I would love to hear some good news. Would you care to share?

Augusta, NJ. Right next to the fairgrounds. It's not final though I really, really hope it is. If not, New York is a possibility though.

Niņo & Eliza

Wow, thats like only an hour away from where I live, maybe a little more cause it's north - east. But it's close to Stroudsburg, PA (and that's not too far from me).

I'm just thinking of winters there.... BRRRRRRR!!!

I think I have finally decided exactly what I want to do in life, occupation wise, and I have a do=able plan to make it happen. I am so excited, at this very moment, and hope that it all works out the way I want it to.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

My aunt also lives in Pennsylvania, right next to the Delaware border. Maybe when (if) I move out there we can meet up.

In other news, I am watching the 2003 Bottom live show again, Weapons Grade Y Fronts. Warning, very crude.
    It just never gets any less funny.

I hope it works out for you too! I don't know what I want to do beyond next year. Well, I think I may have a few ideas but they're near impossible.

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post

I think I have finally decided exactly what I want to do in life, occupation wise,
    and I have a do=able plan to make it happen.
    Yes ... ???

And she's going to keep it a SEEKRIT!

When should we check back?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    Yes ... ???
    And she's going to keep it a SEEKRIT!
    When should we check back?
    It will remain a secret until I finish my school and start doing it! So check back in about 2 years. :P

I have wanted to be a vet for my entire life, and at this point I realized that I may not have the personality it takes. I have a completely different path I feel like I NEED to go down, but feel as if I'm disappointing people that believed I could be a vet and supported me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    Augusta, NJ. Right next to the fairgrounds. It's not final though I really, really hope it is. If not, New York is a possibility though.
    Wow, you're gonna be in New Jersey? How cool. I hope you enjoy our state LOL, you should check out the magazine weird NJ, great read and it's fun to visit those places

Well, I had a history test today, better have done well. My grades have been sorta bad lately.

Hey, Ash come on, tell us? If it helps, I still don't know what to do either, ugh. It's so hard to think of a good occupation, but I can't be a vet, I know it. I just can't put up with animals dying on a daily basis on MY HANDS, can't do it. D:

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
    It will remain a secret until I finish my school and start doing it! So check back in about 2 years. :P

I have wanted to be a vet for my entire life, and at this point I realized that I may not have the personality it takes. I have a completely different path I feel like I NEED to go down, but feel as if I'm disappointing people that believed I could be a vet and supported me there.
    Its your life and you need to do what makes you happy...period. My daughter forever wanted to be a vet and recently changed her mind, it was kind of dissappointing to me but its her choice. She is looking at going to med school now, veterinarians are required to go to a ton of school and just don't make that much money anymore.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I had a very good friend who said he wanted to be a vet from 1st grade through graduation. He got a scholarship and went to college to become a vet. He decided that wasn't what he wanted afterall. He is now a farmer, a husband, father of 3, school board member and very happy.

I had a dear friend who did all the work to become a doctor - the advanced degrees, the internships, and everything. But when he finally was an MD, he suddenly realized he could not take the stress of making life-and-death decisions. He then switched his focus, and became a software person who specialized in helping doctors understand and deal with new technology ... just as important, and even vital. He was much happier that way!

I have two Aunts that wanted be vets when they were growing up. One is now an agility trainer/dog groomer and the other is retired from the Navy. Both are extremely happy. My Optometrist wanted to be a vet, then realized how much more work it would be so went into eyes. My dentist couldn't seem to get into vet school so she turned to dentistry. I wanted to be that person, especially in my family, that actually was going to be a vet. I've finally realized that it's not what I really want to do.

I've decided I'm going to be a Mortian. The job as has always appealed to me, and I've always just joked about it. 2 years ago when I started at Ferris I decided to get an associates in pre-mortuary science because it only took one extra class and I thought it was humorous. Back in high school I took a forensics class and came to really liking the idea of being a medical examiner. Now I can make a that my long term goal, because it takes a lot of schooling. I'll stick it out at Ferris for 1 more year to get my B.A in Applied Biology (with the Associates in pre-mortuary), then go to Detroit for 1 year and get my B.A in Mortuary Science, do 1 year of aprenticing and be ready for a job!

I didn't mean to hijack this thread so much, just sort of sifting through my thoughts I guess.

That's cool. So you'll be like Dr. G if all goes well? I love that show. I've had people tell me I'd be good at that but I don't think so. I actually had a phobia of internal organs until I was about 7.

Niņo & Eliza