Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Random Announcements

How true! And very appropriate for this time of year.

I saw that yesterday in our paper here in Australia - made me LOL!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Went to a family wedding shower today and saw lots of my cousins. It was nice to see them all at a happy occasion!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

A weekend for "kitteh" people at Brookfield Zoo

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I have a serious procrastinating problem. And all of the solutions I read about are not working for me :/
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Make a list of everything you need to do tomorrow at night before you go to bed, and read it first thing in the morning. List everything that you should get done, be realistic, and keep the list with you to cross things off as you get them done. Might help ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Make a list of everything you need to do tomorrow at night before you go to bed, and read it first thing in the morning. List everything that you should get done, be realistic, and keep the list with you to cross things off as you get them done. Might help ...
    Yeah, the list thing totally worked for a little while, but then I started procrastinating looking at the list . Maybe I'll try writing out the lists this time though, they were on my computer before.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    Yeah, the list thing totally worked for a little while, but then I started procrastinating looking at the list . Maybe I'll try writing out the lists this time though, they were on my computer before.
    Yeah, it's more satisfying to cross out an item, pen to paper, than hit the delete key, I think!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yeah, it's more satisfying to cross out an item, pen to paper, than hit the delete key, I think!
    Quite true. Thanks for the tip, Karen!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Ok, so this probably won't make much sense to many people here but I'm rather involved in the fandom for my favorite show, Doctor Who. It is about to start its 32nd season in ten days. It ran from 1963-1989 and then had a made for TV movie in 1996, then was revived in 2005 and ran for four seasons, then had a year of four specials. Then in spring 2010 the 31st (or 5th) season happened.

We've been doing a Classic Doctor Who spam over on Tumblr today since so many fans refuse to even acknowledge the fact that there are 26 seasons and a movie that came before the show was revived in 2005. Still, the Doctor Who tag was only about 30% classic. I absolutely spammed it with a liveblog (taking and posting screenshots with commentary or just quotes as I watch it) of The Enemy Within, which is the TV Movie from 1996.

I think there is just SO much new Who being posted right now because main cast and executive director Steven Moffat just came to New York to show an advanced screening of the first story (two episodes) so there was a LOT of noise made about that.

It's not that I don't like the new stuff, I love it. It just annoys me a bit that so many fans don't even have the slightest desire to check out where the show came from. It's got so many different eras and they are all great in their own way. Sure the show didn't have a big budget but it was often times very cleverly written, with political statements slipped in in a way that is unobtrusive and actually fun to watch. The low budget often times lead to very creative prop and costume making.

Niño & Eliza

I know I'm not the only music/choir/musical theater fan on PT. So... if you enjoy musical theater, or if you're a fan of Neil Patrick Harris -- hunt down a cinema that's showing the production of "Stephen Sondheim's Company" that was filmed at Lincoln Center in April. It's being shown nationally, but not every day and not at a large number of movie houses. There have been 4 showings so far and they've added four more.

I've only seen half of it - I went with my mom and a strong storm knocked out the power to not only the theater but the entire block. But what I saw, I really enjoyed!

Here's a clip from the Tony Awards...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taKy678J_jI

Here's the site with information, photos and video ...
    http://nyphil.org/concertsTicks/companyonscreen.cfm

Tickets are $18. GO SEE IT!

So I have a friend from church choir who sings in the opera chorus ... and he's an understudy for one of this year's productions ... and the person he is understudying hurt his back and can't go on ... so my friend gets to go on in the role! YAY!!

Wow, that's every understudy's dream!
    I've Been Frosted