Thread: Brody's Mum inspired me.

Brody's Mum inspired me.

Brody's Mum's post has inspired me to do this. I want help. I need help.

I am anorexic/bulimic. I weigh 100 pounds, and I feel fat.
    How do I get help?? I am too humiliated to ask for it from my parents.

You need to know that you may always "feel fat," but that that doesn't mean you are. Get yourself to the library, there are books that will help you understand and overcome your problem.

But you know what? I think you should tell your parents, as they probably suspect already, given how thin you are, and your admitting it to them will be a huge relief to them and you can all move forward together.

Every anorexic I have known thinks her problem is a secret, but everyone around them knew she had a problem.

Tiah - can you visiit your doctor and take your parents with you? As I told Brody's Mum - this is an illness. Addictions are said to be illnesses by both the Canadian and US Medical Associations.

This is a link to Overeaters Anonymous meetings in Texas. There is information on the side to click on and see if it is for you.

I know it is the scariest thing - but once you unload to your parents, especially at the doctor's office, you will feel incredibly better! Your doc may suggest counselling too. It's okay...it really is. You have made a great first step.

How old are you, hon?

http://www.oa.org/all_about_meetings...&Submit=Search

Tiah, I found this. They have a hotline and offer counseling, can help you find resources that can help you. You need someone to help you through this and that's the first and biggest step you can take for yourself to find relief. Eating disorders are very serious and can be life threatening, please do get help, even if you feel unable to speak to your parents right now.

http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/ (ANAD – National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders)
    Last edited by K9soul; 03-25-2006 at 05:29 PM.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Tiah,

How about going to your guidance counselor?? That's what they are there for. Us too!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    I know it is the scariest thing - but once you unload to your parents, especially at the doctor's office, you will feel incredibly better! Your doc may suggest counselling too. It's okay...it really is. You have made a great first step.

How old are you, hon?

http://www.oa.org/all_about_meetings...&Submit=Search

She is 17.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have just made a major step in admitting you have a problem and then, that you want help for it. As scarey as it will be, I agree, you need to tell your parents, actually say those words to them. They already suspect anyway and before long, they will know when a crisis comes up due to your condition.. They will love you no matter what and will be there to support and help you, cheering you on, backing you 100%.

If you are young like I think you are, nip this in the bud before you do damage to your body that will effect you the rest of your life. You CAN overcome this, just believe in yourself and that you are worth the effort.... because you ARE!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thanks for the replies.
    I am 17- and 5'6". I haven't had a period in 6 months.

My parents have taken me to the doctor because they say I am so thin. He did blood tests- and they found nothing. He asked me about the possibility of an eating dissorder, and I denied it. Later that day I went to the denist. I had no idea, but my parents asked him to check for bulima stains on my teeth. I don't have any. My mom asks- and I deny it. My mom and my principle talked. I have to go to her office to eat a small snack before and after lunch- but she is so busy, she is often not in her office- so I will just sit outside her office and then go back to class. If she isn't there, I wont eat.

I know I need to go tell someone, and just "come out"- even if it isn't my parents. But I am scared.
    I am so tired. Just tired of life, tired of constantly worrying about my image.

I am sorry if this is more than anyone wanted to hear. It just feels so good to let it all out.

You are far, far too thin for 5' 6", even if you are fine-boned, 100 pounds is too thin.

Oh, kiddo, the tiredness is part of the anorexia, the weariness with everything.

How many calories do you eat a day? Do you exercise, or are you to the point where you are too tired to exercise?

Instead of telling your parents directly, could you print this out and leave it where they would see it? We'll help as much as we can, but obviously, there's only so much we can do.

If you fight this disease, which you can - you can fight it and win - you'll have more energy, I promise. And you'll be able to think about happier things more of the time, too - like your pets!

I sent you a PM Certainly, you're quite thin for such a tall, slender figure, but you can overcome this disorder. I'm so so so glad you've come for help. Please keep fighting this. We'll be here all along the way. Keep fighting

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Pet Talk is helping me SO much today to realize what a wonderful community of people we have gathered here. Both you and Brody's mom have shown such courage today in your admissions. Overeaters Anonymous is a terrific support group for eating disorders. Keep talking. We'll carry you through the tough spots when you think you can't do it - you can. By your admission today you've shown that you have what it takes to get on the other side of your disease.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Sweetie, don't EVER be afraid of your parents! They love you no matter what, I know that from being a parent myself. Even at their worst behavior, I loved them all the time and there was never any problem to big that we couldn't, as a family, overcome it. I bet your parents will love you even more that you came to them and admit you told a little fib to them and everyone else and that you DO have a eating disorder.

Wouldn't you rather it come from you than some doctor or stranger that they don't know. Give them the chance to hug you and to help you. Don't cut them short! Give them a CHANCE! They are going to be hurt when someone else tells them that you didn't feel like YOU could tell them and wonder forever what they did to make you to afraid to come to them

Skipped period is just the beginning.. You are already playing with your future health if it has been that long since you had a period. The body is already reacting to what you are doing. Believe me, you are NOT fat! Even if you weighed 450*, your parents will love you.

I have had colon problems most of my life and just could not eat hardly anything. I got so skinny that I thought I looked like a walking skelaton and was ashamed to go out in public but I did not realize just how bad I really looked until I had finally gotten better and gained some weight (10 whole pounds) . Then I saw a picture of myself and my reaction was "OH MY GOD!" I was about 100* at 5'4 and I looked like death warmed over. I was weak, had no energy, looked gaunt and near death but not a soul ever said to me just how bad I looked until I was a lot better. Then they told me they really thought I was going to die....

I bet your parents think you are dying and can't figure out why and your Mother probably cries a lot when you are not around. They already suspect so go on and tell them....PLEASE tell them..... Give them a chance, they love you more than anyone else ever will.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

oa? yes!

i'm a member of overeaters anonymous. we have members who are recovering anorexics/bulemiacs. you can find support and understanding with us. check the website/phonebook for local groups.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Good luck with your battle Tiah - keep strong sweetie, we can beat our demons together
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

How are things?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk