Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Nook pics (update page 2)

What a loveable, wonderful boy Nanook is Sue! He's so gorgeous in his white coat. I also love the pic of Kaige and Raustyk in the background. Gentle Giant, Nanook just stays so calm with them playing behind him

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

That is one cuddly boy!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    AW! Omg, Im so stealing him tonight!
    What happened? He's still here. lol

Sarah, i get TONS of those pics it's just that impossible to post every pic I take of them and some get deleted because of the quality. lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Oh Nookie you're such an adorable boy We all love seeing your pics

Lovely pictures of your handsome boy. Please give him a hug from me.

Nook took a bad spill this morning. Raustyk bumped into him after I told her to calm down many many times. It was a pretty bad fall, nothing broken though thank god. He was unable to use it for a good 20 minutes or so. I gave him a nice massage and some extra pain meds. He improved pretty rapidly but still isn't doing too great. His spirits are still high though & he's still very happy. This happened as I was on my way out the door to go to work so I was about a half hour late to work but he's more than worth it.

This is so hard on me. I'm just so torn over this situation. I know when the time is right I will know but I am so scared that I may not. I do not want him to be suffering for any length of time yet if he's still having some happy days how will I know? Are these falls considered suffering, so much so that I should help him to the bridge before he gets seriously hurt? I do prefer to assist him on his journey when he is having a good day as then we will both remember our last moments together as happy moments but then again that will be incredibly hard to do as he will be having a good happy day that day. Just what if I help him to the bridge on a good day & little do I know that he would of had a month more of good days? then again I have to remind myself not to be selfish here but how do I know if I am or not? Ugh why oh why do their lives always have to be totally dependant on our course of action? Why not just once are they able to make a decision for themselves?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

You'll know. You are the ONLY person who will know. I have faith that Nook will tell you when he's ready.

And Raustyk, try to be a little more careful, sweetie. Nook is very fragile now. Help mommy, ok?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Nook is looking great!!! He must be feeling better... I am glad that he is doing well and looking mighty SHARP!!!

Missed Post

Sorry, I missed your latest updated post. So my previous posts was a little off the mark. From what you are saying and have been reporting, I am going to venture a suggestion. Now this is just a suggestion and please keep in mind that I could be totally wrong.

Nook doesn't seem to be suffering (at least from what you describe). He seems happy and alert and has good days too!! He is eating and has control of his bodily functions (I mean he's not having accidents everywhere). He's attentive and responds to you intelligently. I say he's just old! Let him be OLD for a while longer and don't fret over his spills and mishaps. Remember when humans get old, similar things happen. When he is ready, he will probably go downhill fast and you will know. He'll stop responding to you. He'll be indifferent to food, attention and hugs. His spills may be morre serious and if he is unable to recover quickly and perhaps crys or wimpers at night - THEN YOU'LL KNOW. Good luck!

Dan (Bob's Dad)

Aww, Nook, poor guy. Don't be so hard on yourself, you'll know when the time is right. I know how difficult it is, you don't want him to be in any pain but you don't want to give up a few extra days you can have with him. He seems like such a happy boy, and he knows how much he is loved, I truly believe that he'll let you know when he just can't go on any longer. ((((((hugs))))))

I'm sorry to hear about Nanook having a fall. He seems to be in very good spirits though. It different for everybody about the decision of when to let a beloved pet go, so I think you really will know. I'm so sorry that you are going through that though. When Yogi died last year we had her put to sleep when she honestly couldn't have made it through the night just to save her the suffering. She was in very poor health for about a week before that though but I couldn't let her go, I just couldn't, because she was still YOGI, you know? I still can't even think about it without crying, but I could tell she just wanted to have that time with us. A few days before she died I was thinking about having to put her to sleep, and I starting crying. Yogi was asleep in the basement, but in her terrible state she actually came upstairs to comfort ME. I still think about that and I know I was so lucky to have her as a friend and at least I know I saved her a little bit of suffering but I didn't let her go before she was ready. And I got to be with her when she left, which I'm grateful for. Anway, I don't mean to go on and on about it. I just want you to know I think you will know when Nanook is ready. And most importantly, you get to spend this time with him now.

Oh, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes!
    Poor Nook
    Poor You!
    ~hugs~ to you and your crew.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Nanook looks like such a sweetie! I LOVE the big wet doggie nose!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm so sorry to hear about Nook's fall. It's tough trying to decide if he's suffereing or still has some good days left. I have to agree with everyone else though, I think you'll know. My RB terrier made the decision himself, but I've had 2 friends have to make that decision in the past 6 months. Both of them say they knew it was time.

Give him a big Hug for me.