Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freckles Predicament

Freckles Predicament

Freckles and I live in a mobile home. One of her favorite things is to look out the front window. The sun was very bright this day.
    The second picture shows inside the window where there is a shelf. It’s about 31" high. To the right is the computer cabinet. The shelf is about 6" apart from the cabinet. The wall slopes and at the bottom is only 2" from the cabinet.
    Tuesday afternoon I was gone for about three hours. When I came home, she didn’t greet me at the door as usual. I didn’t see her in the usual places so I called to her. Then I heard the most awful sound somewhere between growls, yowls and cat swear words. I realized it was behind the computer cabinet. She had fallen down between the wall and cabinet. Fortunately she was upright in a meatloaf position. Her front paws were free but her fluffy hind quarters were firmly wedged and she couldn’t move. I was able to grab her front paws and pull her out. She was a little wobbly so I took her to the vet for a checkup. He checked her and watched her walk. She seemed a little stiff and might be that way for a couple of days.

So far she hasn’t attempted to get up to the window. And I'm very glad I wasn't gone longer than three hours.
    Joan

Poor Freckles! Perhaps a chock block should be wedged in there to prevent a reoccurance, though I bet Miss Fluffybutt will avoid that spot for the time being!

Awwwww! Poor baby! YES, thank God you weren't gone any longer, that could have been disastrous for her. I can only imagine how terrified she was until you got home. Freckles is a really lovely girl! We need to see more of her!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Poor Freckles! I'll bet she wasn't very happy at that! I hope the little cutie is none the worse for her experience.

Oh poor Freckles, what humiliation! I'm glad she's OK and you weren't gone for too long.

I agree, we don't see nearly enough of her.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh Joan I am so glad you came home when you did and i know Freckles was too, in spite of those possible kitty swear words. Is there a way you can wedge something in there so that she doesn't do that again, although I think she has probably learned her lesson.

It was a real treat to see pictures!! I am sorry that it was because of a mishap though. Please do take some more. She is so pretty and we really do not see enough of her nor hear enough from you.

Freckles,
    what an adventure you have been through! I am so glad your mom came home in time to get you out. I tell you, being a little stiff from time to time happens to ladies our age

However there is one good thing in it: we get to see your cute nosie and send cat kissies to you

Poor Freckles . I'm glad you were able to free her and that she wasn't in her little "predicament" long.

I've got a window hammock for my crew. Only problem there is they fight over them (I only have 1).

Freckles is beautiful!! Give her smoochies for me, will ya??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Poor little Freckles! I am so sorry that you were "stuck", but good thing Meowmie came home when she did! What a good Meowmie to get you to the vet right away to have you checked out! Glad you are okay.... and please, be careful little one!

Freckles is one beautiful kitty! I love the picture of her in the window. That is how I often find my girls, one upstairs watching for me and he other downstairs watching for me! Heaven forbid they would share a window!

You wanted to see her in a happier moment?

Oh Freckles!! My other calico darling. I'm so sorry you were stuck. Glad momma got you out! How scary!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

WAH! Freckles, you must have been so scared.

So glad meowmie was home in short order to rescue you from the tight space.

Oh poor little Freckles, how scary for you! So glad meomwy came home when she did and was able to rescue you.

You are most adorable sitting in the window watching the world go by, so hopefully meowmy can figure out a way to stuff something in there, or cover the gap so you don't get stuck again. If I remember right, you're starting to get up their in years now, and that durn stiffness in the legs might very well have been the reason for a slight miscalculation on your part, resulting in the inappropriate placement of your feetsies, resulting in said "stuckedness."

Hmmmm.....trying to work out on the trampoline is a good idea, but don't worry sweety, we know you're just "fluffy," and just too durn adorable.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Our Cats Sometime Get Themselves Into Fixes Taht We Never Realize That They Could Possibly Get Themselves Into.
    Pouncer Got Into A Kitchen Cupboard,a Tight Squeeze ,which To This Day I Never Realized How She Accomplished That,and One Day She Got Her Head Wedged Behind The Cassette Desk Cord,and Id I Hadnt Heard Her,she Would Have Hung Hereself.
    We Are So Glad That Freckles Is All Right.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Good News, Bad News.

Good News - Freckles is now limber enough to get up on the shelf.
    Bad News - Freckles can get up on the shelf.
    The cabinet has a roll top front, so now I just pull it down when I leave.