Thread: Leaping!!!!

Leaping!!!!

Does anyone else's cat LEAP?? Tilly can get a good 4 feet off the ground when she is chasing her mousie on a stick. She also tosses her toys into the air and leaps after them.. I have to try and get some pictures!

Yes Yum Yum does that when she tries to attack Dutchess. It is soo funny!

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

He's mellowed (a little bit) but in his kitten stage I was beginning to wonder if Cassy was capable of low flight!!! The caper that most amzed me, though, was watching him pull himself across the BOTTOM of his carpetted cat perch (about 2 foot, uh .7 m?) that was at the top of his cat tree (about 7 feet off the ground 2.3m? Arrgh! I'm NEVER going to understand/think metrics!!!) Anyway, I hovered underneath hoping to catch his body when he fell, but he just pulled himself back into his perch with a jaunty little flip of his tail. Reminded me a bit of motto or legends of mountain-climbers: because it's there...

Aren't cats amazing creatures?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Former User Guest
    Casper and Kitty do this while jumping off from bed or couch. They look so funny, front paws bend and they just fly... Trying to get a picture but it's a bit hard. Results end up being half a tail/bum/half a cat, few paws, but never the action itself....

yep !!

of course Sydney leaps !!! To catch the laser light , to catch a treat , etc... ! It is impossible to take a pic .... I tried it , but it is like Niina says : just thin air !!!

Maxx leaps and does back flips for a particular toy I have for her that her Grandma bought for Christmas. It's a bunch of ribbons on the end of a stick and I swear she's going to take flight one of these days

Whenever Tubby sees the garage door open, he just flies right out and doesn't even bother with the steps. As compared to when he comes in, it's like he can barely lift his foot high enough to get it on the step.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Yes, my Sundance (Norweigian Forest Cat) leaps real high and he puts his paws out and spread his fingers! His new favorite
    "Toy" is a plastic spoon, one was laying on the table and now he bats it around and carries it to his food dish. I came home the other day and there were 4 mousies and on spoon in the food dish!

All four of mine are leapers too! Luke is really funny to watch because he crouches down and wiggles his bum before takeoff! Must get better wind lift that way or something.

Tilly does the same thing - the bum wiggle! It's so cute! Because both of mine are indoor, they THINK they are being unoticeable, but they are both so clumsy.. it's hilarious!

Oh yes! All 3 leap when playing with their mice... playing with the laser light (watch out!!)and apparently Max can jump off the top of his kitty house (appx 7') and Pepper has jumped probably 4.5 feet (off the second tier).

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02