Thread: Marley and Me

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Marley and Me

Has anyone read this? It is absolutely wonderful. I'm more than halfway through, and, I have never laughed so hard while reading a book before. I knew it'd make me cry, and, so far, I have, but, only once from sadness. The book is about a family's growth and experiences, living with eachother and a big ol' yeller lab named Marley. I think it's a must read for any dog lover. It's a good book, even if you don't have a dog!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I've finished it and trust me, Kari, at the end you'll need some tissues. All and all, it was a fabulous book! I laughed so hard at some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    I've finished it and trust me, Kari, at the end you'll need some tissues. All and all, it was a fabulous book! I laughed so hard at some parts.

Well, I've assumed that the story is about a dog he HAD, and, I know I'll cry.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I haven't had time to read since I've been so dang busy. I still have to finish chicken soup for the horse lover's soul. When I do have the time to read, I think I will check it out at the library.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I -love- that book, it's one of my favorites!

Yup! It's great, isn't it? The author is a writer at our local newspaper. A few years back, he mentioned Marley in his column every week and got so many emails and calls about THAT subject (he's a politcal writer) that he decided to write his book!

I've been Boooo'd!

I know plenty of people that have and highly recommend it! I told my aunt to get it and when she's done I'm going to borrow it from her!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I've never read it, but haven't heard a single bad thing about it! I'd really love to read it.. I guess it's time to get off my behind and buy myself a copy!

Yeah, my mother got it for US. I'm more than halfway through, and, I know I'll love the rest of it as much as I've loved what I've read so far. It's wonderful!

K9karen, isn't that a part in the book? Sorry, I'm not trying to ruin the story for you.