Thread: New Places 2

New Places 2

Yea, so I guess my last thread wasn't what you would call a "hit" since it only got 14 views and 0 replies. I have good news! Grey let me pick him up today and put him in my lap and petted him. Gypsee is still warming up to me. She lets me pet her now, that's progress. On www.bunnybunch.org there are two bunnies I want to adopt. The only problem is they're in California and I live in Missouri! The male I want to get is named Chai, the other is a female named Suki. LOL, don't ask. They were already named.
    Here is a picture of Suki:

Here is Chai:

Chai caught my eye first, then Suki captured my heart. I really wish there was a realistic way of adopting them.

Too Cute!

That's the problem with bunnies...they are all just too cute and I want to bring them all home from the sanctuary where I work. I have to work very hard and telling myself that 5 is all I can handle because of the size of my house and where I live.
    So I understand. The Bunny Bunch are very successful in placing bunnies so even though you want the two so badly you can be reassured that they will get a very good home.

Yea, but I want to be their good home. LOL.

Re: Too Cute!

Originally posted by Daisylover
    That's the problem with bunnies...they are all just too cute and I want to bring them all home

Me to, then I hit reality and think that I could not afford them and share my time with them all, it would be a nightmare at my home ith 4 rabbits, 2 cats plus..........

I've become more realistic since I've become 26yrs old, when I was 15 yrs old I would have jumped at having more pets.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So sad....

Our sanctuary is getting MANY inquiries about taking in unwanted Easter bunnies now......I GET SO MAD at the careless, unthinking people who bought the poor things without any sense of responsibility and now want to get rid of them!!!! Plus we had one we couldn't get to in time.....I feel so awful and it is sooo terribly heartbreaking . Plus we're having a run in with a store that is selling sick babies....this is so unnecessary but they just don't seem to care....aaaagggghhhhhH!!!!!!!!

If you really want a bunny, please rescue one from your local humane society or sanctuary. We are trying our best to get them all in but it's almost impossible.

I can't imagine how awful it must be for you Daisylover. I don't know if I could cope with working there. Still if there wasn't people like you around who would give all of those unwanted babies the love and kisses they deserve?

Hi Bunnicula,
    Those bunnies are just precious! Such cute little babies.
    I would first like to say that, I TOTALLY agree with your "Easter and bunnies don't mix" sig!! People should definitely NOT be able to adopt bunnies around Easter time, just like they aren't allowed to adopt black kitties around Halloween! Having a pet is a HUGE responsibility and it should not be taken lightly.
    I would, however, like to share a happy Easter bunny story with you, if I may.
    When I was a little girl, my mom and I walked by a pet store that had loads of cute little bunnies in the window. It was around Easter time. I had always had pets, and was always taught to love them and be responsible for them. I absolutely BEGGED my mom for one of those bunnies! My mother took me aside and explained to me that, if I was just excited about Easter and the bunnies, that we could go inside and I could play with the bunnies for as long as I wanted, but that would be the end of it. She went on to explain that, if I really wanted one of those bunnies, then it would be just like all of the other pets we had had. I would be responsible for the bunny's care and I was to be loving and respectful of the animal and it was a very serious thing to take an animal for a pet. Adopting a pet was not something to be done in the excitement of the moment. (My Mommy is a TRUE animal lover, I guess that's where I get my love for them!)
    Anyway, we ended up buying a little white bunny. (Today we know better-we would have gone to a shelter!) I named him Peter (I know, not a very original name, LOL!)
    Peter was loved, well cared for and cherished. He lived a long life and he was treated as part of the family. He in turn gave me laughter and companionship, and I still get tears in my eyes when I remember him. He chewed up our curtains and our bedskirts, but we never minded because we loved him so much.
    I guess my point is that everyone should be taught at an early age to love and care about all animals. They are a treasure and a gift.
    Sorry to be so long-winded, but I just wanted to say that I wish that every poor animal in a shelter or on the streets could find a loving home. I wish that every person could, like you, care about animals that are so far away, but deserve love and respect.

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

I TOTALLY agree with ALL of you. My step-dad told me one time when he was young, dumb, and stupid he and his friends put a cat in a microwave and watched it blow up. He then went on to tell me he had tied up a dog and put it's face to a moving truck tire. I almost cried when he told me that, that just goes to show that you really SHOULD care about every animal in the world. I know, a little far fetched, but it sounds good, lol.