My three cats, Muffin, Emma and Louise, are having trouble getting along....Louise and Emma (littermates) are the new ones, have been here about a month, they are 7 months old. Muffin is 2 years old, and has been here a year and a half.

At first I thought it was Muffin not accepting them, but I think she has now, I see her trying to play with them, trying to chase them, not to attack them, but to be part of their play. I have an old sheet that I throw over the piano bench, makes a tent for them to run in and out of and hide, jump out toward the other one. Muffin and my other cat Cookie that is no longer with us, used to play this, now Louise and Emma play it, and Muffin trys to play. everytime she even walks near them, they pull back their ears and hiss and growl at her. at times they try to play with her tail, and when she trys to play back they hiss again...

they are so scared of her, but she does not want to harm them...
sometimes she does chase them, they run and hide under something, or screech so loud!! then there are times the last couple days when she really is after them, I have no idea what started it, if it something they have done to her or not...

Originally I had these two new ones to foster, but they were so scared of everyone and everything, and at their age, I didn't want to see them separated, and I am pretty sure that would have happened, so I just adopted them. They are very cute, I love them, but I hate this conflict. I should also add that sometimes one or both of them will touch noses with her, and she with them, so I know it is not all dislike of each other....

I'm confused. I don't understand why they keep seeking her out, going up to her if they are scared of her?

I could really use some help with this, any advice??