Thread: Dana Reeves, passed on..

Dana Reeves, passed on..

I saw on the news this morning that Dana Reeves lost her battle with lung cancer. I felt really bad when I heard that. Her poor son has been through so much. RIP Dana...

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I heard that on the breaking news too. I hated to hear it. She was such a strong woman. She stood by Christopher's side all the way through. I have such high respect for her. She is a hero of mine!! I feel so bad for the boy though. Losing his dad, and then his mom within a year. I can't imagine it. I hope he can find the strength to get through it. I'm sure he will since he had such strong parents like Dana and Christopher.

I was really shocked to hear that. I thought she was doing better, but I guess we never know when its our time to go.
    Last edited by petslover; 03-07-2006 at 11:23 AM. Reason: typo

Dana Reeves, passed on..

OMG thank you for telling us.. I watch the news all the time & somehow had not heard about this.. She was so young.. You know this cancer was fast due to she only announced she had it last year.. Your right her poor son has lost both his parents so suddenly.. My prayers go out to him & the family..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

How dreadful

That poor, poor child.

The world lost a wonderful person/role model. So sad for the boy to have lost both his parents so young.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    The world lost a wonderful person/role model.
    Exactly what I thought. Both she and Christopher were such an inspiration for so many and it's such a shame that two people that only wanted to do good for others had to both die so young.

Sometimes I just have such a hard time figuring all this out. Two such good people die in the prime of their lives, while someone like Osama Bin Laden continues to thrive and wreak his havoc on the world. It just doesn't make sense and it's all just so sad.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

OMG i am in shock, i saw an interview not that long ago on Oprah and she seemed to be doing so well, poor thing, so young, and the poor son I cannot imagine what he is going through, there are other children too aren't there? how incredibly sad, and to think she never ever smoked, she will now be with her beloved Christopher, together again, RIP both of them,such a terribly sad day.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Sometimes I just have such a hard time figuring all this out. Two such good people die in the prime of their lives, while someone like Osama Bin Laden continues to thrive and wreak his havoc on the world. It just doesn't make sense and it's all just so sad.

Is'nt that the truth. The good die way too young.I hope the son gets
    a lot of emotional support to help him now. Poor kid.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh my gosh, I had no idea. That's awful. Their son has gone through so much already at such a young age! He is probably going to be such an influential man, being from such an amazing family. He's a strong boy, from what I could see. RIP Dana, she and Christopher Reeve are together again.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I saw on the telly last night their son is only 13 years old, that is the same age as my own Melissa, i can only imagine what he is going through, no one should have to bear that much at any age, and it is only two years since he lost his dad, he has hardly had enough time to even cope or get over his loss and now another one, so incredibly sad, i sure hope he has aunts or uncles who will take him in, but still it is never the same, i guess he will grow up to be an influential young man myself,going through so much at this age is going to have a profound affect on him, poor kid, my heart goes out to him.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

"Only the good die young."

It's so heartbreaking that two strong people (Dana and Chris) were taken from this earth so quickly, especially for their son. I hope he is doing okay, but I bet his heart is in a million pieces.

At first I didn't recognize that name. But then I started reading all the replies....
    OMG, was she the wife of the paralysed Christopher Reeves ?? I had NOOO idea she was fighting cancer.... . She went through sooo much: first her husband getting completely paralysed, then his death, and then her cancer... . Sometimes I wonder how much misery a human can possibly take
    I feel so immensily sorry for their son. Poor boy.... . Where will he live now?? I hope he has lots of loving relatives
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

RIP Dana.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

How incredibly sad! May she rest in peace, and may God comfort their son.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I wonder what poor son will do. He's had years to prepare for death. I hope he becomes a JFK, Jr. But live decades longer.