Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barny Is Under Anesthesia

Poor Barny - 13 teeth!!

I don't know why some cats are prone to bad teeth, Maybe it has something to do with their immune system, or with being seperated from their mother at a too young age.

My Katz started losing her teeth at the age of 7, and by the age of ten, she had no teeth left except for three canines. She had no problems eating, though, but developed a heart disease later (which can be a result of bad teeth), so I'm regularily checking Luna's and Lily's teeth now.

Hope Barny will feel much better now that he's gotten rid of all his bad teeth!

Kirsten

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten
    Poor Barny - 13 teeth!!

I don't know why some cats are prone to bad teeth, Maybe it has something to do with their immune system, or with being seperated from their mother at a too young age.

My Katz started losing her teeth at the age of 7, and by the age of ten, she had no teeth left except for three canines. She had no problems eating, though, but developed a heart disease later (which can be a result of bad teeth), so I'm regularily checking Luna's and Lily's teeth now.

Hope Barny will feel much better now that he's gotten rid of all his bad teeth!

Kirsten
    I'm sure it has something to do with heredity. Most our cats were park ferals and no telling what nutrition their moms received before we came along. We try and keep on their teeth, but with 25 cats it's not always easy. I feel lucky that I even notice when one doesn't seem quite themself!

Barny seems to be doing quite well. Hopefully this will ease all his discomfort once healed. Thanks!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

How is Barny now? Can he eat dry food already? Or just wet food? Poor boy
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    How is Barny now? Can he eat dry food already? Or just wet food? Poor boy
    Barny is doing very well. Actually they don't want him to eat wet food for awhile since it could get lodged in the pockets. Only dry food right now. Seems weird huh?
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by K & L
    Barny is doing very well. Actually they don't want him to eat wet food for awhile since it could get lodged in the pockets. Only dry food right now. Seems weird huh?
    That IS weird, indeed! Hey, give him the senior food: that food is easier to chew, as it is made for older cats who don't have many teeth left!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    That IS weird, indeed! Hey, give him the senior food: that food is easier to chew, as it is made for older cats who don't have many teeth left!
    Great idea!!! Thank you!!!