Well, this is very randomn for me to start a thread in Dog Breeds but i just have a question. Well, my brother has always wanted a dog. Right now, we have Zsa-Zsa, so we couldn't have one right now. But although i love her so much and want to have her forever, nature doesn't let it happen that way. Someday, and i hope it is in the very distant future, we won't have her anymore. And that will be the point when my brother will start to plead for a dog. Ever since we got back from Lapland he's been stuck on the idea of huskies, Alaskan or Siberian. I just need to know a couple of things, because i don't know that much about dogs. We would have to have a kitten along with the puppy, as i think i would shrivel up and die without a cat and i was wondering if you could do that with only certain kinds of dogs and/or cats? I myself would be more interested in a smaller dog such a jack russell or a pappillon, and i thought that if a dog was smaller then maybe it would be more compatible with a cat. But Kurt wants a husky and my Dad also wants a big dog as he had a jack russell as a boy and said he would have preferred a bigger dog. I told him he was lucky to even have a dog! And huskies are expensive too, i looked up a couple of breeders around here and you can pay well over £1000 for a pup. And then there'd be a further £200 or so for a kitten, so not cheap. I thought about rescuing a dog, but then there's the whole problem of introducing a cat. But, by the time we are looking for a dog, i'll probably be volunteering at the local RSPCA centre and i'll probably end up wanting all the rescue dogs! And i would suppose that huskies are energetic, we'd need a dog that we be OK on it's only with the cat for a couple of hours on weekdays.

Phew! What a lot of writing! I think this maybe why i like cats, their independance makes them so much easier to care for!

Thanks for any advice