Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Ming is at the whitecoats, very ill.

So sorry to hear, hope the recathing works!
    I've Been Frosted

OMG - if surgery is needed, can the vet do payments? Try checking imom.org.

I can chip in a wee bit too - please just ask! If you have a PayPal address, or if there is a way to send the $ directly to the vet, let us know!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers for dear Ming and for you too.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you all for your kind replies. So far, Ming has been successfully recathed and is doing as fine as he can be doing, considering the situation. I need no money at this point, but if it is for Ming's life, I will not be afraid to ask. But so far, monetary help is not necessary. Your kind thoughts and prayers are still appreciated, though. I am also praying for little Jack, and the husband of a friend on another message board, he was recently diagnosed with cancer. God must be very busy this week!

Again, thanks so much!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Ming and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I've heard that sometimes cats develop scar tissue when they've been catheterized a number of times and this can then cause them to become blocked. Hopefully this isn't the case with Ming. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both you and Ming.

How well I know that, KAK! That is why I was so worried about the extra cathing. Ming's usual vet wasn't in and I got Mr. Grumpy vet who has a very cold and matter-of-fact manner. He told me that there was a good chance they wouldn't be able to recath him because of that. He recathed fine, however. A reblockage is not unusual for Ming. He usually has to be recathed at least once before all the crystals are completely gone. That is why when I went to pick him up today I asked if he had peed on his own. They told me that they thought they has smelled urine in his litter box so they decided to release him (wtf?) Well, just before they were bringing him out, he reblocked. I could have told them this, but I'm not the vet, am I? I will be so glad to talk to Ming's regular whitecoat tomorrow. She is super!

I'm sorry to read about Ming's difficulties. I know it worries you and I do hope he gets all better. You and Ming are in my prayers.

Ming, I hope you feel better soon.

I see the main vet and not his partner. She has no personality skills.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I talked to Ming's vet today and he is still cathed. She thinks he can come home tomorrow evening barring another blockage after they take the cath out. I've got my fingers crossed he doesn't reblock. If he does, I don't know what I'll do!

I hope that he won't block again and that he'll be able to come home with you. How old is he? Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent to both of you.

You and Ming will be in my thoughts. I very much hope that all goes well for him.

KAK. Ming just turned 9 in July, the 7th to be exact. He has had this problem off and on since he was 3.

Poor Ming! If the surgery will help him and is suggested, let us know! I don't know if iMom covers this kind of surgery, but you can check there.

They have tightened their qualifications, but here's the financial page: http://www.imom.org/fa/index.htm
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I went to imom and they want you to apply for Care Credit. I had CC years ago and even when I made more than I do now they only gave me $300 total. Surgery would be over $1500! Ming is home, resting, but not eating or drinking. He peed a little. I'm giving it until tomorrow night before I start to worry. He is on some strong pain meds now and antibiotics. If he isn't better by Monday the vet said there is nothing more they can do unless I can come up with big bucks for the surgery. Being poor sucks! I don't want to lose Ming because of a money issue, but that surgery is expensive!