Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Melissa has......

My Melissa has......

Chickenpoxs, yep she has been a bit off colour all weekend and last night there they were those nasty little red spots, not much fun for a teenager, but at least she gets a week off school and the weather is so stormy and yuck, best place at home all tucked up warm and cosy, she was exposed to chickenpox so many times as a little one but never caught them, we figured where she may have picked them up, she went to a friends birthday party two weeks ago, who just happen to have a four year old sister who had chickenpox, they thought she was not contagious, but i guess they were wrong, it is 5 to 7 days after the spots appear that one is still infectious.

I have given her an antihistimane tablet and so far so good,but i guess they will get worse, it sure has been a while since i have had to deal with any childhood illnesses.

So please wish my girl well again soon,thank you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hope she is better soon!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Thank you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That's awful I hope she starts to feel better soon, I had them when I was young and remember being absolutely miserable with them...not fun at all.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I hope she feel better soon, tell her not to scratch. Most kids here don't get them anymore, all the kids get vaccinated.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

So far she has been really good, i hope it is not the calm before the storm, yes vaccination was an option, but i decided against it, even though i am really for vaccinating my children, this one i tossed with and i hope i do not live to regret my decision,it was not one offered by schools or the goverment in NZ, and i really could not make my mind up about it, because she is nearly 14 i guess i figured she just was not going to get them at all.
    Furangels only lent.

Hope she gets better soon! And yes, make sure she understands not to scratch. I learned the hard way. Tell her she can be smart about it and resist the scratching!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Well the vaccine has some questions too. My daughter had a few spots in 5th grade and her teacher was pregnant and not sure if she had them as a child or not so I kept my daughter home for a week just in case. I worry that what if my daughters get them when they are grown and pregnant or something, I am just not sure how good the vaccine is since it just came out with our childrens generation.

My pediatritian recommended it though so we did do it.

You won't regret it, she will be fine. We all grew up with them.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I hope she gets better soon. I can't remember what age I had chickenpox but it was in primary school and I did get three weeks off.

Hope your weather improves soon too, I just saw a bit about your storms on the online news.

Oh, Carole! Big {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and Melissa! I hope she's comfortable and coping with it the best she can. With all of the illnesses I've had, I've never had chickenpox! Tell Melissa that Pittsburgh prayers and good wishes are coming her way!

Ouch. That's no fun. I had them when I was in the 7th grade. Like your daughter, I had been exposed repeatedly when I was younger, but never got them. Hope she feels better very soon!

Aww bless her - when my Katie had them we found that salt water really helped with the itching
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Ugh! except for mumps, chicken pox was the worse childhood illness i can remember. those sucker bumps turned up inside and out-everywhere! i remember having to have my grade school photo taken when i returned to class and my hair hadn't been properly washed cause of all the scabs. i still have that gruesome picture somewhere, hope Melissa feels better soon!

I've been Boooo'd!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I hope she feels better soon. I was very young when I had them (1st grade, I think) but I remember being miserable for a while. Well, at least she'll be immune now and won't have to worry about it anymore.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

OUCH. I had them when I was 6-7 or so. I have heard that the older you are the more painful it is? But, I lived through them.

The vaccine, like all vaccines, carries a slight risk. BUT, as to the chicken pox vaccine, it is said the disease is **much** worse then the vaccine, and one I went ahead and had Jones immunized for.