Page 37 of 257 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    HEY!

I stayed home an watched sports all day!

IT was raining!
    Which sports? Football, baseball, both - maybe a bit of hockey thrown in for good measure?

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Which sports? Football, baseball, both - maybe a bit of hockey thrown in for good measure?
    So did we... well Brian did. He watched football, baseball and we would have watched hockey but the second game wasn't available for local viewing... which is Bull lol... we pay $140 for center ice and can't get the game lol. At least we can watch the games today. but the football (college) and baseball were almost enough to lull me to sleep lol.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    So did we... well Brian did. He watched football, baseball and we would have watched hockey but the second game wasn't available for local viewing... which is Bull lol... we pay $140 for center ice and can't get the game lol. At least we can watch the games today. but the football (college) and baseball were almost enough to lull me to sleep lol.
    Which 2nd game? It's pre-season now, and I don't think Center Ice goes into effect until the season starts for real.

We had the game from Stockholm, but there are some pre-season that we're not getting. And if they really wanted the Swedes to come out, they should have sent the Wings over - we have 7, or 8, or maybe 9 Swedes now. The King was in Michigan a week or so ago, and had a get-together with the Swedish Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Which 2nd game? It's pre-season now, and I don't think Center Ice goes into effect until the season starts for real.

We had the game from Stockholm, but there are some pre-season that we're not getting. And if they really wanted the Swedes to come out, they should have sent the Wings over - we have 7, or 8, or maybe 9 Swedes now. The King was in Michigan a week or so ago, and had a get-together with the Swedish Wings.
    We got the Rangers/Lightning game in Prague... but we didn't get the Penguins/Sens game in Stockholm. for some reason we could watch one but not the other lol. LAME. Yeah Center Ice doesn't show pre season games... which kinda stinks

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

"Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by William Woods
    "I never voted before," Woods said, because of a felony conviction that previously barred him from the polls. "Without this service, I would have had no way to get here."
    What happenned, I thought felons could not vote period?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I have to laugh about Bruce Springsteen and his acoustic concert he did at a political rally the other day.

I never really followed the "Boss". I have one of his albums and he has three songs that I liked.

I never went to any of his concerts-he's one of those 'sincere' rockers that I didn't find that entertaining.

----------

Tim Russert, the recently deceased news anchor/host, was a huge fan of BS's
    and met him on one occasion. TR had invited him to go on his show for an interview. BS told Russert that he didn't want to get involved with a 'political'
    TV show, and turned him down.

On the tribure show for TR one of the guests said that Russert was disappointed by BS and his refusal to participate.

At a concert soon after TR's death SpringSPLEEN dedicated a song to Russert, "Born in the U.S.A.'

BS appearance at this political rally made me laugh at the "phonyness" of a person who would turn down a chance to sit down with one of the brightest news personalities of our time-just to show up at a gathering for some political buffoons afterwards.

Moron.

8. Let's pretend I am a chef. World famous chef.

I listen to music and there is music I like very much and music I don't like. I can't read or write music and don't know a chord from a note. But I know what I enjoy and what I don't.

There is a man with an outstanding tv show about music. He and his guest are all very involved in music. He invites me to be a guest on his tv show. I decline because I do not feel I am qualified to discuss music the way they do. I am a chef, not a musician.

Later, I cook dinner for one of my favorite musicians.

Does that make me a buffon? Or a phony?

Or much smarter than a moron?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Let's pretend I am a chef. World famous chef.

I listen to music and there is music I like very much and music I don't like. I can't read or write music and don't know a chord from a note. But I know what I enjoy and what I don't.

There is a man with an outstanding tv show about music. He and his guest are all very involved in music. He invites me to be a guest on his tv show. I decline because I do not feel I am qualified to discuss music the way they do. I am a chef, not a musician.

Later, I cook dinner for one of my favorite musicians.
    I dont see the coralation.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I dont see the coralation.
    ME either. It must be the fork I shoved my eye and knife in my ear.

11. Of course neither of you see the "coralation" although I have no idea what that word means.

And if neither of you sees the correlation either....what can I say? Did I use too big of words?

Of course neither of you see the "coralation" although I have no idea what that word means.

And if neither of you sees the correlation either....what can I say? Did I use too big of words?
    How can she get away with this kind of crap when I cannot?

<sigh>
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Of course neither of you see the "coralation" although I have no idea what that word means.

Perhaps its because you used a bad analogy?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    How can she get away with this kind of crap when I cannot?

<sigh>
    Help me get this fork outta my eye and I might be able to explain it to you?

Talk about mean spirited!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Help me get this fork outta my eye and I might be able to explain it to you?

Talk about mean spirited!
    Where I come from its

Spork, Neck, Curb.
    Now that is mean spirited.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.