Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question of the day - November 4th!

Question of the day - November 4th!

Have you ever had a pet or pets that you considered your heart/soul pet?
    Post pics if you'd like. They can be past and present.

I have had Rosie my guinea pig when I was younger and had her for 6 years. She would always know what was wrong and lick away my tears not because they were salty either. I showed her in 4-H and she got reserved champion because the judge loved her so much. I never did get to say goodbye she died when I was at school in the 10th grade. She was my "soul" piggie.

Then there's Buddy. He was a basset hound/beagle mix. He was I believe my first "soul dog" When we lived in Nevada he got away and a boy found him and fed him a piece of lunchmeat in front of his akita and his akita attacked him and he had to go to the E-vet. He lived a long life.

Then there's Rocky & Jenny.

Rocky we got after Buddy had to be pts. He was such a joy to have in my life. In 2001 he got hit by a car and he spent 7 days at the E-vet and he came back home. He lived a long life 12 years. He died sadly December 14th last year. I miss him so much!

Jenny we got in 1998 she was the most beautiful puppy I have ever seen in my life when we got her and just got more beautiful as she got older. We have been through so much together. I trained her in 4-H and she did so well. She sadly died February 11th of this year. Losing Rocky & Jenny was so hard on me and still is.

Now I love all my cats, but Tiger is my "soul/heart" kitty. Here is his story.

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2007/July/22.html
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

My heart kitty would most definitely be Taz. I got him when he was about 3 or 4 months old because his previous owners were allergic to him. He moved several times with me over the 14 years he was with me. He just went to the bridge, due to kidney failure, this past July 2nd. I miss him so much, I still cry sometimes.

I think my heart doggie would be Zoee. She is really "my" first dog. We had dogs when I was young, but they were always my sisters. Zoee is the first dog I can honestly call mine. She is my baby girl and always will be. She will be 5 in January and I hope to have her in my life for many years to come.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

THIS is my heart kitty!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    That's a tough one for me, especially concerning the dogs. I've had a special bond with every dog that I've ever had, and all in a different way, so it's really impossible to single out one. I have 6 RB pups, and the "lively" two that are here with me now.

As far as all my cats go, it would definitely be my RB Meezer Ming. He had quite a personality, and was the goof, funny boy, smart one, trouble maker, lovebug and bad boy brat - all rolled in to one. He was one of a kind, and he let me live with him and share his home for 20 years!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Frisk was my heart dog - no doubt about it! I love my current dogs more than life itself, but there was just something special about Frisk. He had such a contagious "smile" and was so in tune with everyone. I could go on all day about him... I think you all have heard me talk about him enough to know how special he was to me. He was the best sidekick I could have ever had.

I believe Donovan will always be my heart bird. The bond we share is truly like none other I have with the rest of my flock. I helped hand-raise him and was able to watch him go from a little naked alien into the pesky green monster he is today. He knows how to make me laugh and never fails to brighten up the dreariest days.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Calitt is my first Adopted.. She was dumped in the middle of winter in the cold & rain.. The rescue people bottle fed her & she almost died twice.. Her ears were loaded with ear mites.. I adopted her at 3 wks old & finished bottle feeding her & finally got all the ear mites cleaned out with the Vets help.. She is now 7 yrs old & for sure is a Momma's Baby & connected to me Heart & Soul.. Now I Love all of my babies..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Casey was my soul-mate/pet. She had a long life of 13 years and in that time we went through a lot of things together. In her younger years she had a habit of just coming up to me and sitting down and staring into my eyes like she thought I should be able to read her mind. When she became a senior citizen she turned to just standing and barking at me. I wish I would have been able to read her mind like she had read mine many times when I needed comforting. She was one in a million and there will never be another like her.

This is Monzaya. I love all of my animals that I've had and have now in different ways. Monzaya has something special about her though that I don't think any animal can ever compare to. I got Monzaya for my 7th Bday. I had always wanted a collie so I was so happy!! She was such a pretty little girl. She adored me and followed me everywhere. We grew up together I guess you could say...I was always so proud of her-she was just perfect. A big tumor appeared on her one day when she was about 9, and it got bigger and bigger as time went on. It ruptured 4 years ago-in August. She died the night it ruptured...She was 10 years old and I was 17.I was there w/ her and it hurt so bad to see her like that, but I'm glad I got to be w/ her. I owed it to her to stay w/ her. She was such a beautiful girl and I miss her like crazy. I think about her each day and I'll never forget her. As long as I live I don't think I'll ever have another dog that means what Monzaya meant to me.

*Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

My heart would have to be this pretty girl I had for 11 years. She was my first Siberian Husky and she was my first dog I had... just not a family dog but my own.

You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

My heart cat was Amber, RB Mr. Amber Cat. First cat I ever owned. We bonded in such a special way. He's been gone 8 years and I still think of him daily. A big ole orangie with amber eyes.

My heart dog is apparently my current Lacey. She is so in synch with me it is scary!

My Sadie- most definitely!
    Sadie has been with me and my family since I was 6 years old. (We got her father's day of 96') So you can imagine the bond I have with her.
    I look at pictures from 2006, and pics from a few weeks ago, and boy, has she gotten gray!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

When people ask me why I say Sassy wasn't my heart and soul pet, I don't really have an answer. I feel like I didn't have a real strong bond with her, we loved one another - no doubt about it - but it wasn't the same. Mikey, well I've only had this boy a little over a month, but he just might be my "heart" dog. I LOVE him so much, he isn't the cuddley type, but he loves me - he is my constant companion and follows me everywhere. I get SO angry with him and SO frustrated with some of the stuff he does on a daily basis but I can't be mad at him. When I come home from anywhere he gets so happy his entire butt wiggles. He has only jumped in my lap so far and has slept there. He chills in my room every night. I LOVE him to death - he is my social life. I don't have one anymore - but I don't mind. Mikey is all I need, he is an amazing dog, and I cannot imagine life without him. He was definitely made for my family - maybe he's my FAMILY'S heart pet. He loves all of us, he may not cuddle much, but there's 100% love in those eyes that make me melt.

Star, was my albino parakeet who died the past year at the age of 5. Oh god, I could go on and on about her. She was such a brat - but she was a lover at heart. She loved apples and taking pictures - she was such a ham for photoshoots as you guys know! She had the prettiest plumage of any bird I've ever seen. She tweeted and chirped when I came into the room and I was the only one who could hand-feed and pet her. May my lovey rest in peace.

Jeri, my RB hermit crab, now this sounds weird but I'll never have a hermie like her. She was one in a million, that's for sure. She wasn't afraid of anything and she never pinched me or even attempted, she let me take any pictures of her and she would just sit wherever I put her. Beautiful baby too, may she RIP.

I worshipped Cody who i got at 5 weeks old. He loved the whole family, but he was definitely my dog. I miss him every day.

But, the second I saw Logan in her cage at the SPCA, and she obeyed my commands, did a head tilt and stared at me, that was it for me. She follows me everywhere, watches my every move. She's as smart as a whip and has me well trained. I know she was sent to me by Cody and dad. She's a beauty and my heart, my love. If only she wasn't so camera shy I'd post pics of her everyday.

I've been Boooo'd!

Without doubt Sandy was my heart dog and after 60 years I still remember him with love. When I was Nine my parents bought me Sandy a big Chow with a look that would scare most. We bonded immediately and were inseparable. I guess the fact that we were so close made Sandy very protective of me. Back then the small area I lived in had a 4 room school house with 8 grades. I walked to school so naturally Sandy would follow me right into class. After a few protective episodes with teachers, the school demanded we make a change. My parents solution was to give my dog away. The new owners had him fenced but he jumped the fence and came 10 miles back home. This happen 3 more times with fence and ropes before he ended up about 40 miles away on the other side of the city. He escaped there also but never made it back Home. I felt he must have been killed or he would have made it Home again. This was a real trauma to a nine year old and i guess i never forgave my parents for giving my heart dog away.

My heart dog was my rb Doberman Blue. Me and that dog had a special bond I will never forget. As far as cats...I'm not sure if Remus or Hoodini fills that role. They both are special to me but in different ways.