Thread: Ready for winter

Ready for winter

What would be better to have a warm kitty wrapped around one's neck, when outside in cold weather.
    Since this is not really a possibility, I resorted to the next best thing.
    I made scarf kitty, so I won't ever be "catless" again, when going outside.

Name:  scarf1-1.jpg
Views: 1246
Size:  63.7 KB

Oh my God, that's adorable! And how snug and warm you must be with scarf kitty wrapped around your neck!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I bet you could sell those on Etsy!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    I agree with Karen, so cute and I'll bet it's very warm! You are an artist.

Thanks, everybody!
    I thought about Etsy before, but that means that I would have to build up a little bit of inventory (in case somebody would actually buy them) , and I couldn't go to work anymore, because I would make those 24/7.

That kitty scarf is SO cute, you are so talented! I would love to make one... is it difficult?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    That kitty scarf is SO cute, you are so talented! I would love to make one... is it difficult?
    I would say no, even if you're a beginner in crocheting or knitting. It just took some time.
    Keep in mind that I'm not really familiar with the technical crochet and knitting terms, because I'm self-taught. Everything I make comes from my head, and it is not written down. No two pieces are the same.
    The scarf itself is knitted. Scarf and tail are one piece. To add the tail, I reduced the stitches on either side to make it skinny. You go as long or short as you wish.
    The head and ears are separate pieces, and they are crocheted. I used just a little bit of stuffing to give the head a little dimension. Face and whiskers were stitched, and the eyes are buttons.
    The yarn I used is fashion yarn. It has little knots every 1/4 inch or so, so it made the scarf very fluffy, but you can use any type of yarn.
    These are not very detailed instructions, but feel free to ask.

Thank you, Heidi! I'll probably knit a new winter hat first, though - it's getting cold now.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.