Thread: Most controversial Oscars looks of all-time

Most controversial Oscars looks of all-time

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It seems the most newsworthy, not controversial. For the Angelina Joie one, it wasn't anything to do with the dress itself, but the pose that became buzz-woirthy.

And for the record, I think the "redone" swan dress is uglier, I am not a fan of the trendy "nude" as a color for gowns.
    I've Been Frosted

What is the deal with dragging a 'thousand' dollar dress all over the floor?

Check out the floor of a theater, even a nice one like the Kodak.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    What is the deal with dragging a 'thousand' dollar dress all over the floor?

Check out the floor of a theater, even a nice one like the Kodak.
    Are you objecting to dresses with "trains"? Some of them have a way to pin up the "dragging" part once they are off the clean just-laid-out red carpet ... Designers love trains for the added "drama" effect, though they do not make for very good maneuverability!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Are you objecting to dresses with "trains"? Some of them have a way to pin up the "dragging" part once they are off the clean just-laid-out red carpet ... Designers love trains for the added "drama" effect, though they do not make for very good maneuverability!
    Nope not objecting, just wondering about the dirt on the floor/carpet. I have been to theaters/movie houses all over El Lay and always wondered about the stuff on the floors.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Nope not objecting, just wondering about the dirt on the floor/carpet. I have been to theaters/movie houses all over El Lay and always wondered about the stuff on the floors.
    Ah, but the red carpet is just a temporary piece of carpet, rolled out especially for the event - and I am sure it is cleaned and stored between events. This is not like an ordinary day or ordinary theater and event by any means.
    I've Been Frosted

I liked most of the dresses but didn't find Whoopie Goldberg's one very attractive.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    I liked most of the dresses but didn't find Whoopie Goldberg's one very attractive.
    Hee hee - I had to go look that up, to see what she wore. It had been done before, Julia Roberts for one, and I just don't think a white blouse under a strapless gown works! It's a gown, not a jumper dress from grade school!
    I've Been Frosted