Thread: The Torch is Here

The Torch is Here

Everything around here is in a quiver - cops everywhere, people everywhere - traffic backed up the ying, ying Last weekend my daughter, grand daughter and I took our transit system TRAX downtown to see how our city is all decked out for the Olympics. They pack us in like sardines (sooooo many people). The city's mighty pretty and yes, I have to admit pretty exciting. I'm taking this Friday off to watch the Torch ceremony which will be held almost outside my daughters home. She lives right up the street from where the Speed Skating Oval is. It will be something to see. Hope everything goes smoothly - I've never seen so much security in my life!!!! There's armed military everywhere. Guess we can't be too careful after Sept. 11. I'll be watching the Opening Ceremonies on TV just everyone else though. Wish us luck

Wow it really sounds neat. Please be extremely careful and have fun!!!

(yay this is my 2000th post)
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Thanks Aly WOW 2000 - where do you find the time

Oh, Purrley!! As I told you before, I am very envious!!!! Helen and I will be in Charleston, SC on Friday night, and I told her no time away from the hotel that night, because I HAVE to watch the opening ceremonies!!! I'm so glad you will have a chance to see some of the activities up close!! We expect a full report from you, our source!!!!

You bet Logan, but like I say I'll be watching most of it just like anyone else - on TV. I'm a little concerned about getting home from work because I have to drive past the "E" center which is where the Hockey will be going on. I shouldn't have trouble getting here at 5 in the morning, but going home might be tricky or maybe there won't be any problem at all. Next week will tell the tale. It is exciting to have this in our town. Salt Lake isn't very big so it should be really interesting to see where they're going to put everybody