Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annoying TV Commercials

Annoying TV Commercials

There is a commercial running now that is just driving me crazy. It is, I believe, for the Volkswagen Passat. It starts out with some guy yelling *Daddy never loved me* over and over again. I think the point of the ad is that they claim people buy cars based on their ego. Somehow I always thought it was something about the car's design, what's under the hood and affordability. There are so many ads nowadays that just turn me off, so much so that I would avoid that product because of the ad. Anyone else have an ad that gets on their last nerve?

There used to be one here, and I don't even remember what the product being advertised was, but it had a techno look about it, and a voice that said "Hello Tosh, got a Toshiba?" over and over and over and over and over. It drove me absolutely insane.

The endless stream of "potency" drugs and their ads. For that matter, drug ads in general, other than aspirin and allergy meds.

I do NOT like the new Fed Ex commercial where the caveman walks out of the cave and kicks the dragon or whatever prehistoric animal it is. Bad taste in my opinion.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The one with the dancing cows.. You know it's a human in costume dancing amongst real cows so it's very very annoying...
    Dakota(BirthDate March 4th 2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    There is a commercial running now that is just driving me crazy. It is, I believe, for the Volkswagen Passat. It starts out with some guy yelling *Daddy never loved me* over and over again. I think the point of the ad is that they claim people buy cars based on their ego. Somehow I always thought it was something about the car's design, what's under the hood and affordability. There are so many ads nowadays that just turn me off, so much so that I would avoid that product because of the ad. Anyone else have an ad that gets on their last nerve?
    Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties
    There used to be one here, and I don't even remember what the product being advertised was, but it had a techno look about it, and a voice that said "Hello Tosh, got a Toshiba?" over and over and over and over and over. It drove me absolutely insane.
    I think being annoying might be the point- you both remembered the product anyway (Volkswagan and Toshiba), which is what the company wants!

I don't watch too much tv so I'm not up on current commercials but the ones that annoy me are the ones that I have to see at EVERY break so by watching an hour of tv you have to see about 6 times.

I hate the Burker King commercial where the guy scream "I am Man! Its supposed to say that its a big man sized burger.... but all I see is that its saying men shouldn't eat healthy. That men are messy, sloppy, selfish creatures who only want big food.

I also hate all those Geico commercials. Every last one. I don't know which one is more annoying - thats darn gecko or the cavemen. I used to think he was cute (the gecko) but now that he's got that fake accent.... urg.... drives me insane!

Dunkin Donuts drives me nuts

I cannot stand the new Dukin Donuts ad about the karatteeeeeeeeeeeee. I think they are trying to sell some sort of drink.......three or four kids in the car with the mom and they all have an activity to go to...... I cannot watch that ad. It sends me right up a wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi
    I think being annoying might be the point- you both remembered the product anyway (Volkswagan and Toshiba), which is what the company wants!
    True up to a point, but if it annoys you so much that you would go out of your way not to buy their product, then it becomes counter productive.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont
    I cannot stand the new Dukin Donuts ad about the karatteeeeeeeeeeeee. I think they are trying to sell some sort of drink.......three or four kids in the car with the mom and they all have an activity to go to...... I cannot watch that ad. It sends me right up a wall!
    OMG! And their ad about legs sticking to the back pf pleatheeeerrrrrr! What an ANNOYING commercial --- and no, a drink will not keep your legs from sticking to pleather

For me it's the pharmaceutical ads. If you don't already have a particular ailment, you are sure to believe that there is another one you hadn't even heard of before, waiting in the wings for you. Then after they finish the pitch, they read a list of all the side effects that taking the drug could cause which are often worse than the original ailment.

These ads proliferate in magazines too to the point that you feel there is no escape from the many things that can go wrong with your body.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

OH YEAH!!! Those stupid GEIGO commercials!!! ANY AND ALL of them!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    For me it's the pharmaceutical ads. If you don't already have a particular ailment, you are sure to believe that there is another one you hadn't even heard of before, waiting in the wings for you. Then after they finish the pitch, they read a list of all the side effects that taking the drug could cause which are often worse than the original ailment.
    I know, we often joke about those kinds of commercials- "common side effects include dry mouth, stomach pain, and death..."

I hate drug commercials too! As if the pharmaceutical companies don't have enough money already they need to push drugs onto people who probably don't need them.

I despise the tampon/maxi pad commercials

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Jeff Foxworthy has a hysterical monologue about side effects of drugs, which is on the Redneck Comedy Tour Rides Again , I think. Among them are "reduced gas mileage, lower property values, feline leukemia(!)..."
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb