Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is getting to scary :(

This is getting to scary :(

My dad woke me up today around 8:30 (an hour or so before my midterm started) and told me Josie was having problems outside. So I ran outside to bring her in as its very cold out and tons of snow..I couldn't lift her thougth..but she managed to get inside on her own. So she had this seizure for about 15-20 mins..but what was weird was she seemed to have all her senses..like I would be whispering 'It's ok baby, you're ok' to her and she seemed to hear me and would wag her tail or perk her ears up. Anyway, she seemed to get over it, then went right into another one which lasted about 15-20 mins. This was the worse one shes had yet and she keeps getting them more often. It's really starting to scare me Do dogs die from seizures a lot? I know I'm being selfish but I can't bear the thought of losing her. She honestly is the only thing keeping me going and make my life worth living. I've been having a very tough time lately and she's always been there to make me happy. Again, I know I'm being selfish..I called my vet, but she isn't in until 4 So I'll try back then........sorry for the depressiveness of this but it really gets to me to see her like that and I can't do anything. I wish I could be the one having the seizures for her..I really do.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Do you have her on medication? My mind is not working right now so I can't remember the name of it. But there are meds that can stop most (or hopefully all) of her seizures. At a shelter I used to work at, we had a Chihuahua who had a bunch of seizures (vet said it was b/c he had distemper as a pup - he looked at the dog's teeth and could tell). Anyway, I held him through many seizures before we got him to a new vet and got some good meds. After he was on the meds, he stopped having them.

I have heard of dogs dying from seizures BUT I have heard more about dogs who are able to live a long healthy life even though they are epileptic. Just get her to the vet ASAP.

She will be in my prayers.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

My vet says she doesnt have them enough to take meds She says they need to have them like weekly or something

Here's some info that I found slleipnir.

http://www.canine-seizures.freeservers.com/

http://www.italiangreyhound.org/seizure.html

I wish I could be of more help. Kia only had the one seizure but I know the fear you have when it happens. I'm always wary of the fact that she may have another.

I hope Josie feels better soon. Remember... Zeke needs you too.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

It sounds like she is having them more often now... I hope the vet will reconsider. I'd want her on medication if it were me

I'm hoping and praying for Josie and you. *hugs*
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Well there's another type of medication that you just give them as needed when they are having a seizure. It will take them out of the seizure pretty quickly.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Thanks for the info Kimmy. I'll go take a look at them now.

I hope I didn't sound like I don't care for Zeke or something, cause I love him more then anything too, but it's just scary to see her like this.

I hope the vet can give me something too..I don't want it to get worse

I understand perfectly. I love both my pups immensly but if something isn't right with one of them, that one occupies my thoughts and anxieties greatly. I think it's only natural
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Big hugs to you and to Josie. We love you, and hope a way can be found to help her, shiny pretty girl.

Audrey, stay on your vet for help, and if you can't get it there, then find another one. We know how special Josie is to you, Zeke too! Of course, you're worried about her, as we would all be!!!

Much love, and we will keep Josie, and you, in our prayers.

Logan

Originally posted by Logan
    Audrey, stay on your vet for help, and if you can't get it there, then find another one.
    My advice exactly. If you think she should be on meds, then she should be IMO. I hate it when vets (or human vets) don't listen!

Oh, I hope she's okay soon! And you're not being selfish at all - you're being very caring! I hope that Josie gets better.

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

Has your vet considered giving Josie a CAT scan or a PET scan? She may have some damage to the outer layer of her brain.

I hope she gets better.

I believe those are extremely expensive..she has mentioned it but said only if its really neccessary

I sent you a PM about the black lab I had that also had seizures, I hope it helps!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!