Thread: Let the Games begin #571.

Let the Games begin #571.

I love the Olympics and PRAY that they go on without any problems -besides the toilet tissue problems and the yellow water.........

I think some caviar, vodka and borsht are in order.

It's still snowing outside, the sun came out a while back, so I think a stoked up fire and a remote control, fleece blanket and a cat are in order!

DONE!

Hot cocoa, please! And I think it is time for some tollhouse cookies as well ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hot cocoa, please! And I think it is time for some tollhouse cookies as well ...
    One hot cocoa and I'll stir the batter for the cookies........

Today is a glorious, sunny day, a little break from the upcoming storm this weekend?

I think the Orc needs some outdoors time, he's a little rambunctious...

DONE!

I think we ought to set the Orc to splitting more firewood, as winter seems determined to be good and cold and snowy this year!
    I've Been Frosted

Watching the ice skating this morning while it's cold and snowing lightly outside. Have the tea on if anyone's interested.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Tea sounds great! I'll wait for the kettle to boil.

I didn't see all of the opening ceremonies - just excerpts later. But the lighting of the Olympic flame was awesome! And Vladislav Tretiak! I remember him from the 1972 Canada - Russia series. (Canada won. )

They did some amazing things with projections. And I have never seen ballet in OCs nor heard so much orchestral music - Stravinsky, Borodin, Tchaikovsky!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks, I'll refresh my cup! Gonna be making banana bread later - it is a week early for Uncle Mac Day, but the bananas are ready NOW and having the oven on seems like a fine idea on a cold February night. I'll be using pumpkin seeds (hulled) instead of nuts, if anyone wants some!
    I've Been Frosted

Refills and the more TV coverage.

I think there are going to be quite a bit of sleeplessness over the next few weeks!

DONE!

I am now officially avoiding new sites and radio stations that might give results before I have had a chance to watch the Olympics I DVR, although I did hear, before I could change the stain, about America's first Gold medal of the games before I saw the run, but that was okay, and fun to watch anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

There is so much to watch and all the channels change events.

It seems that they can't get a satisfactory package or schedule to show the events. I remember that cable offered a package where certain sports were shown on the certain channels all the way thru the games.

Now? I you don't have the NBCSports channel, you miss a large chunk of the premium sports.

I guess we shoudl just soldier on?

I so wish we got to see all of the competitors in an event - there are enough channels on the TV, and stations have enough outlets, why can we not see, just for one example, all the women singles figure skaters who have been chosen, out of everyone in their country, to compete at the Olympics? I would love to see the skater form Poland, or Spain, or Turkmenistan - even if she is not up to the level of the "elite" skaters, she is still the very best skater in her whole country!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I am now officially avoiding new sites and radio stations that might give results before I have had a chance to watch the Olympics I DVR, although I did hear, before I could change the stain, about America's first Gold medal of the games before I saw the run, but that was okay, and fun to watch anyway!
    For the London Olympics and Vancouver before that, the Chicago TV news stations would give a "spoiler alert". I wish they'd do that again. Karen, I agree with you about the coverage, too - we see a few figure skaters, then a few snowboarders, then some skiing, then back to skating. I wish they would show athletes from other nations (did you know Zimbabwe has a winter Olympic team - one skier).
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hot water on the stove - I think a lunch submarine sandwich is in order......

Done!

-----

One thing that makes me cringe are the interviews with some of the US athletes.

Like, they like, ah like, I was stoked like you know really stoked because of the like toughness of the course.

Okay, not the Olympics, but a commercial that aired during them - did anyone see the Coco Cola commercial with the Puffin and the Polar Bears? Adorable!
    I've Been Frosted