Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Comments on POTD/DOTD/COTD...?

Karen, I just have to tell you I'm laughing today because the Dog of the Day is named Puky, and the Cat of the Day's nickname is Stinky! And that's just the sort of day I am having, unfortunately. Thank you for the chuckle!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well, I do think the Dog of the Day's name is pronounced like Pooky, but that's okay! Glad we gave you a chuckle!
    I've Been Frosted

There is only one reply to Today's Dog and it is already afternoon here on the East Coast. I feel sorry for this pup's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    I've gotten lots of notes from people who's animals were the POTD or COTD. It really means a lot to people. I'm always touched when they take time to thank me for posting.
    I'm guilty of hardly going to the DOTD. I will try to mend my ways.
    Yes, MOFF, I have gotten PMs too from owners who wanted to thank me for my comments.

I hope we all can do a little better in the future.

EDIT: Two posts now. Thank you Sandra!

One thing is that Pet/Cat/Dog of the day don't get many replies anymore, but the height of lazyness is when a member start a thread for one of them, that is already there. One thread may get 6 replies and the other 4 - that is plain stupid!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I know that I used to reply a lot to COTD but now I rarely make it over there because I just don't have the time or I forget. I know that's not a good excuse. I feel bad for the cats that don't receive many replies.

I agree with Kay and think it is a real pity.

I am the first one who could do better but I do try to post whenever I log on.

Another thing that really hurts is when there are posts about people's birthdays in General that get few or NO responses at all.

I posted a Happy Birthday thread yesterday about a dear friend of mine and it didn't even get one reply...

So much for my trying to convince her to come back to PT because "she is missed" and post pictures of her kitty.

Oh well...

carmen

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom

Another thing that really hurts is when there are posts about people's birthdays in General that get few or NO responses at all.

I posted a Happy Birthday thread yesterday about a dear friend of mine and it didn't even get one reply...

So much for my trying to convince her to come back to PT because "she is missed" and post pictures of her kitty.

Oh well...

carmen
    Sometimes General gets busy, you could always *bump* it up again later ...
    I've Been Frosted

Here it late in the afternoon and I'm the only one who posted on the cute POTD. I assume the thousands of other members must have broken all their fingers or something.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    Here it late in the afternoon and I'm the only one who posted on the cute POTD. I assume the thousands of other members must have broken all their fingers or something.

bump....... Not much better today.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    I know that I used to reply a lot to COTD but now I rarely make it over there because I just don't have the time or I forget. I know that's not a good excuse. I feel bad for the cats that don't receive many replies.
    Same for me. And I feel very guilty when I read the nice stories and I see the cute pictures... while not even posting a few words !
    I really liked receiving many posts when my kitty was COTD. I did not register immediately to PT but I started reading the threads and after some time I became a PT member...probably due to the comments I received that day!
    I'll try to do better, thanks for reminding it!

Karen, today's Pet of the Day (Pepsi, the bunny) is beautiful! What a great choice! I love it when a bunny is the Pet of the Day. Yesterday's horse and young rider were a terrific pick too.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Karen, today's Pet of the Day (Pepsi, the bunny) is beautiful! What a great choice! I love it when a bunny is the Pet of the Day. Yesterday's horse and young rider were a terrific pick too.

Oh, thank you. I often think that bunnies are extra-specially beautiful, but know that I am perhaps a bit biased!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post

Oh well...

carmen

That is such a shame.....I am one of the worst for missing birthdays
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Oops...., guilty in all degrees.....

I will be a good girl from now on, promised!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

gentle bounce because today's pet of the day is a very cute BUNNY!