Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

Both McCain & Obama had to visit Docters today. Obama has a sore hip
    and Mccain had to have a spot taken off his face. (he had skin cancer
    before). It's been a long, rough campaign.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

But he's a talented artist....

lolololololololol.

-------------

Anyone named 'Ludacris', who can't rhyme, can't sing and gets involved in politics has to be talented.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 07-31-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    It's been a long, rough campaign.

I hate to think what either one will look like after 4 years as president!!! Just look at Bush!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's also been far too expensive. I read this yesterday in the Boston Globe -

The economy might be tanking, but the presidential campaigns are doing their part to help the bottom lines of TV stations and networks.

A monitoring group reported today that Democrat Barack Obama has spent $27 million on TV ads and Republican John McCain another $21 million since Obama clinched the nomination on June 3 and the general election campaign basically started.

The 100,000-plus airings between June 3 and July 26 are far more than the 77,000 during the same period in 2004, when President Bush and Senator John F. Kerry broke all advertising records for a presidential race.
    What a complete waste of money; and the robo-calls haven't yet begun.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I hate to think what either one will look like after 4 years as president!!! Just look at Bush!!!

I know what you mean. After the first year or two, the changes appear
    start to be very evident.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi Barack,
    First time caller long time listener!

I won a 99 toyota pick up and I have noticed that it kncoks when I start it in the morning, Am I using the right grade of gas? And how many pounds should I inflate my tires to?

------

Dude,
    You only get your name on money when you get to be president.
    Presumptive? I should say so!

----

I awoke this morning to the staged protest at the BO speech,

Notice-
    No one threw the jokers out for disrupting the speech.
    The banner stayed there long enough for people to read what the message was-a jab at BO"s apparent 'talking down' to the black community.
    The placement of the banner-just in the right place so EVERYONE-camera included, could see it.
    HE stops the speech to discuss the problem with the protestors.
    I am waiting to see if the 'protestors' are interviewed to see who they were and why they were there.

That was priceless.
    Notice that the fainting groupies stopped showing up as soon as the started to become news fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Hi Barack,
    Dude,
    You only get your name on money when you get to be president.
    Presumptive? I should say so!
    He does seem to be acting as if he is already seated in the oval office. I agree Richard - presumptive indeed! It is looking more and more like I will sit this election out. I am a grandmother (how did that happen when I still feel young? ) and I have never done that. Both of these candidates totally TURN ME OFF!! In that case you are supposed to vote for the lesser of two evils. Does that mean they are both evil? If so, why should I vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    He does seem to be acting as if he is already seated in the oval office. I agree Richard - presumptive indeed! It is looking more and more like I will sit this election out. I am a grandmother (how did that happen when I still feel young? ) and I have never done that.

It starts with birds and bees. And the Itty Bitty Look that Alan Jackson talks about.

Sorry to say that the speech he gave at the Dem Convention years ago and hint that he was the 'up and coming' all went to his head.. His media machine are nothing but a bunch of managers -as opposed to saavy media/political consultants. The pundits that keep harping about his 'coolness' and the fact that he keeps bringing the up his 'differentness' make him seem very pompous and vain.

Instead of playing up the fact that his is 'different', he should be touting himself as 'no different' than any of us. His 'prezidenshul" seal (little homage there to the talented rapper Ludacris - a resident on BO's iPod), His comparing his visage to the people on our currency (Hey joker, you can have your face put on the devalued dollar that your tax hikes will pay for) and the comments about being scared about his name and being black are pretty funny and will guarantee him more and more TV time.

I'm not afraid of BO the person,
    It's the person he thinks he is, that gives me doubt.

Sorry to say that the speech he gave at the Dem Convention years ago and hint that he was the 'up and coming' all went to his head.. His media machine are nothing but a bunch of managers -as opposed to saavy media/political consultants. The pundits that keep harping about his 'coolness' and the fact that he keeps bringing the up his 'differentness' make him seem very pompous and vain.

I'm not afraid of BO the person,
    It's the person he thinks he is, that gives me doubt.

The "uppity black dude" gives you problems huh?

Get over yourself Richard.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Instead of playing up the fact that his is 'different', he should be touting himself as 'no different' than any of us.
    Exactly. And it would be in keeping with his political ad where he stands up and says "There is no black America, there is no white America, there is just the United States of America." Saying that he is different seems to me to be the opposite of the way he would like us to feel when we see the ad.

I can't help but feel that he has been handled by some pretty slick people to get where he is now. I am not saying he is not intelligent but I can't believe he rose this far on his own, with very little in the way of experience to do the job he is seeking. Pardon me, those of you who are Hannah Montana fans, but I sort of think it is the same kind of thing going on here. She has skyrocketed to fame and I just don't see exceptional talent. When you have clever people shoving your face in front of the masses day in and day out, sometimes that is all that is needed.