Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Feel Like Such A Failure Update 9-15-13

I'm so sorry, Tracey, and please don't feel like a failure! You're a person who loves cats unconditionally, and you've adopted them them with best intentions. To realize there are now too many to care for and to return them is a very hard decision, but also an act of love. You're very brave! (((HUGS)))

IMO this is an incredibly responsible thing to do. We hear so many stories about people getting way over their limit, and not getting help until it's too late. You did not wait until it was too late, but are getting help now. I hope you have visitation rights, at least! Good luck.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Thanks again everyone. I'm just so thankful that the rescue group where I adopted them from has the policy that if something happens and you can't care for them or they just don't work out etc. that they want them returned back to their rescue group. Yes, it was a hard phone call to make because I've become friends with their foster mom and I didn't want her to think of me as a person who adopts cats and then returns them. I know that it can be a 20 year commitment. Things will be much better and easier for me so I do have to keep that in mind. I won't have visitation rights and I don't think that would be a good idea any way because it would just make me and the cats too upset. I will ask their foster mom to please let me know when and if each cat is adopted.

I just received a phone call from my vet and Rory's blood work is fine so at least his foster mom won't have to worry about anything else with him. I also told her what I plan to do and she agreed that I was doing the right thing. She said that she has 5 cats herself and some days she feels like this is even too many. She also wished that more rescue groups would except their cats back when things don't work out.

{{hugs}} & love.

You would be a failure if you kept these cats and were not able to give them the proper care they need.
    The fact that you know this and are doing the best for the cats shows you are a good person.
    It is a difficult decision, but as you know it is the right one.
    It's great that the foster mom can take them back.
    And I'm glad Rory will be fine too.

Will the foster mom let you visit?? Until they are adopted anyway.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    You would be a failure if you kept these cats and were not able to give them the proper care they need.
    The fact that you know this and are doing the best for the cats shows you are a good person.
    It is a difficult decision, but as you know it is the right one.
    It's great that the foster mom can take them back.
    And I'm glad Rory will be fine too.

Will the foster mom let you visit?? Until they are adopted anyway.
    I was thinking the same thing this morning. You are doing the best for the cats. Hugs and lovies to ALL your kitties!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I won't have visitation rights and I don't think that would be a good idea any way because it would just make me and the cats too upset.
    No visitations.

You are doing the right thing. As much as we want too, we can't help every cat. At least you know they went to a place that will take good care of them. My heart breaks for you. You are living my worse nightmare: having to give some of my babies up. Prayers on the way.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't imagine having to make that decision, but I admire the fact that you put your cats ahead of yourself. Thats such a perfect example of how much you really do love them. Sending good vibes for happy endings all around.
    ((((HUGS))))
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Quote Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
    No visitations.
    Oops, I guess I should read the posts completely. Thanks.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks again everyone. I sure hope that they'll be as happy when they're back with their foster mom as they seem to be with me. I also hope that she'll be able to keep them all together in a room because they all get along well together and it'll be an easier transition if they all have each other.

I don't post often but wanted to pop in and say how much I admire you. You are such a responsible pet caretaker. I agree with Karen - you can try to ease your mind and maybe think of these guys as long term foster kitties. Many cyber hugs to you. ((hugs)) Also, pets to your little ones.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Thanks Crystal.

Well today their foster mom came over and I ended up returning only 5 of my cats back to her. I know it was supposed to be 6 cats but even though Summer was the last cat that I adopted, we've formed a great bond. She was the one that came to me with fleas and then had to go on pred for a while to help stop her itching. Now she feels great and her bald spots are all gone.

Today was very sad especially when Reece and Rory put up such a fight trying to stay with me. They didn't want to be put into their carriers and I have the scratches to prove it. Later Finnegan seemed to be searching for the other cats. It was so sad to watch this. Even though it still hurts a lot, I know I made the right decision. Their foster mom will continue to keep me updated about them. I still feel so bad for even adopting this many cats in the first place. It will take some time for both me and the other cats to adjust and feel normal again. Thanks again for all of the emotional support.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Well today their foster mom came over and I ended up returning only 5 of my cats back to her. I know it was supposed to be 6 cats but even though Summer was the last cat that I adopted, we've formed a great bond. She was the one that came to me with fleas and then had to go on pred for a while to help stop her itching. Now she feels great and her bald spots are all gone.

Today was very sad especially when Reece and Rory put up such a fight trying to stay with me. They didn't want to be put into their carriers and I have the scratches to prove it. Later Finnegan seemed to be searching for the other cats. It was so sad to watch this. Even though it still hurts a lot, I know I made the right decision. Their foster mom will continue to keep me updated about them. I still feel so bad for even adopting this many cats in the first place. It will take some time for both me and the other cats to adjust and feel normal again. Thanks again for all of the emotional support.
    Aww, we'll be thinking of you! It is nice that their foster mom has agreed to keep you updated! They are such handsome kitties, I bet someone or several someones will fall in love with them quickly!
    I've Been Frosted