Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

Thank you, God.

Thank you guys, too.

I got a call from the vet this morning saying that they'd re-run the bloodwork and all her levels are back down to NORMAL. (Saturday, the BUN wouldn't even register because it was so high.) He said that she was "amazing us." I asked if he could estimate what percentage of kidneys were working; best guess --without testing-- would be at least 50% because of the normal results. He prescribed two medicines (if I understood right, there's three technically, but he's waiting on one to come in) to take twice daily; basically they are internal dialysis. (Thank God she's easy to medicate!)

The next hurdle is 10 days of "wait and see" ... next Friday (the 18th), they will re-run bloodwork to see if the medicines will maintain her body. That's going to be a LONG 10 days.

Thank you guys again!

Prayers needed, prayers sent.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat View Post
    Thank you guys, too.

I got a call from the vet this morning saying that they'd re-run the bloodwork and all her levels are back down to NORMAL. (Saturday, the BUN wouldn't even register because it was so high.) He said that she was "amazing us." I asked if he could estimate what percentage of kidneys were working; best guess --without testing-- would be at least 50% because of the normal results. He prescribed two medicines (if I understood right, there's three technically, but he's waiting on one to come in) to take twice daily; basically they are internal dialysis. (Thank God she's easy to medicate!)

The next hurdle is 10 days of "wait and see" ... next Friday (the 18th), they will re-run bloodwork to see if the medicines will maintain her body. That's going to be a LONG 10 days.

Thank you guys again!
    I am jumping up and down with this news - it is so much better than your original news. Prayers will continue for sure.........but the doctor is right - she is "amazing"..............and well loved!

I feel like we're hogging the thread but... prayers for K'Cee's appetite to increase? She ate more at the vet than she is eating at home.

After lunch, I'm off to the store to try and pick up anything she might eat.

Thanks,
    A worry wart

Try stinky salmon cat food, or even salmon! Maybe once K'Cee relaxes a little, now that she is at home, her appetite will pick up.

What food was she eating at the vet? Maybe you could get a bit of that for a while?

HUGS and more prayers for your beautiful Princess!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

as richard said, prayers needed, prayers sent...
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I need some PT prayers, Actually, two sets?
    PLease?

One for a good friend of mine who lost his dad on friday. Charlie is my airshow friend-funny and a real good head.

Two?
    My sis got the results from her pap smear and they aren't good. I had to yell at her on the phone because she was doing the somber "I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU!" voice. So, I let her have it on the phone for the "I give up" attitude.

She thanked me afterwards!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I need some PT prayers, Actually, two sets?
    PLease?

One for a good friend of mine who lost his dad on friday. Charlie is my airshow friend-funny and a real good head.

Two?
    My sis got the results from her pap smear and they aren't good. I had to yell at her on the phone because she was doing the somber "I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU!" voice. So, I let her have it on the phone for the "I give up" attitude.

She thanked me afterwards!

Thanks.
    Prayers for your friend, sister and you, RICHARD. What a rotten disease that seems to follow you, huh?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Prayers for your friend, sister and you, RICHARD. What a rotten disease that seems to follow you, huh?
    Now?
    I even check people's astrological signs too!

There are times I think that I have lived two lifetimes in the last 10 years.
    That means if I live to 80, I'll get six more in before I check out.

I am bound to get at least 5 good ones in, god owes me THAT MUCH!

RICHARD - hugs and prayers to you and your sister, and to your friend.

Pap tests save many, many lives and I believe there is every reason to think your sister's will be one of them.

a candle for Richard's sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9221407
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I pm'd zippy-cat, and she is still not sure how K'Cee is doing. She hopes to post an update by the end of the weekend.

Meanwhile, she is asking for continued prayers for healing.

Prayers? You got 'em!

Also, prayers to all here that need and want them.