Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waiting and worrying

Waiting and worrying

It's a waiting and worrying day here.....

Yesterday I put my husband on a plane. he should be under the knife in Vancouver right now. He's having his shoulder reconstructed. I'm feeling more than a little guilty that I couldn't go with him, but there is just no one to take of the dogs for a few days. He does have a friend who lives down there staying with him until Wedneday morning when he flies home. Stuart has an amazing tolerance for pain, but not for inactivity. He has to keep the shoulder immobile for six weeks! It's not going to be fun for either of us! But this is the a last shot surgery....the only other option if this fails is a shoulder joint replacement and at 41 he's way too young for that!

Yesterday morning, Heyoka screeched when got up. His left hind leg was hurting. At first I thought he had a cramp since he'd been sleeping in the same spot for several hours, but he yelped a few more times during the day. Last night I made him sleep in the house. Heyoka is always welcome in the house, but he usually overheats in a hurry and wants back out. Today I had to coax him outside 12 hours later. He had a heck of a time getting up. So I called the vet. Fortunately, they had a drop off appointment opening today. Heyoka rarely shows any pain. The only other time I've heard him yelp was when he sampled a porcupine! I use my truck when I'm taking dogs somewhere. I try to limit the fur in my mini-van. Heyoka loves truck rides. In his world, they almost always mean we are going somewhere fun. He wanted to jump in, but couldn't. When I lifted him, he screamed and screamed and screamed. I've never heard anything like that sound before. I never want to hear it again! He fought getting in the van, but it's much lower so we managed. Heyoka weighs well over 100 pounds so lifting him is tricky when he cooperates; it's almost impossible when he fights me! It took two of us to get him on the scale at the clinic. Please don't let it be his knee!

Stuart said he would call once he gets back to the hotel. The vet said I could call after 2 to check on Heyoka if they haven't called me first. Waiting and worrying......
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Oh no...severe pain in the loved ones. I hope both are okay.

Maybe Stuart can stay quiet(er) helping nurse Heyoka back to health. They can both take slow walks...

PT Prayers flying out!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Ya shudda TOLD us! <grabs Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

Sorrie bout all these *short notice* requests tuday ... but here's two more!

Tehya's Dad - and Glacier's Hubby - Mr. Stuart - needs a Jir Jury Assist *rite now* ...
    Hope You kan find him - he's an airplane flite away frumma Husky Ranch.
    Whilst You're onna way - look up "shoulder fixes' inna Big Book.

Aftur You get Stuart under control, his Heart Dawg - Heyoka - is havin a lottta pain
    and is inna White Coat Lab rite now.
    Sure kuld use some God's Help wiff gettin him fixed up, too.

And kan Ya spare a few {{{God'sHugs}}} fur Miz Glacier?
    She's havin a purty *ruff* day wiff boff of her Guys inna hoppsbittle.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Here's hoping they can be both fixed up nicely and spend the time recooping together.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Heyoka update...

Dr. Jessica just called about Heyoka. He got a little testy when they tried to examine his leg. Given his size and natural malamute stubbornness, they are going to sedate him. That way they should be able to get a better idea of what's going on in his leg. She is concerned about his cruciate ligament, but if it was a total disruption, he shouldn't be weightbearing.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Still sending prayers!

Sending lots of get well wishes!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Lots of prayers and healing vibes for Stuart and Heyoka!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yikes, two loved ones with the white coats! Hope that hubby's shoulder surgery will go well, and that whatever is wrong with Heyoka will be an easy fix!

keeping them both on our thoughts....

may all go smoothly on both...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

oh wow, prayers for stuart and prayers for heyoka and both their white coats
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Oh my, two of your loved ones in pain at once. How trying for you! A friend's dog once let out those same type of screams and it turned out to be spondylosis. She was treated w/meds for pain and inflammation and did just fine, so hopefully Hekoya's ailment will be something that's just as treatable. Prayers are going up right now for hubby and Hekoya and for you, too. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Hubby update

Stuart called a few minutes ago. The surgeon said things went very well. He has to be in a sling for six weeks and then several months of physio. Has to go back to Vancouver in two weeks for a follow-up with the surgeon. He was going to get something to eat! Must be good drugs!

Our friend, Cam, is with him and says he's doing better than expected. The extra nice part of Cam being there is that I got an update on Kira, one of our fosters who picked Cam to be her human several years ago. She is thriving and he sounds like the proud daddy of a newborn when he talks about her!

While I was talking to Stuart, the vet called again so now I'm playing phone tag with her!
    --John Irving

Oh boy! You've got a lot on your mind right now, dont you? I will be hoping everything turns out okay for both Stuart and Heyoka. And you will have them both home and on the mend shortly (well Heyoka at least, Stuart in a few days).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)