Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropped Toby off to the vet ...

Dropped Toby off to the vet ...

...and I went to the dentist with bad results...then i go back to work and get a call from the vet .. they couldn't operate on Toby. ..they did blood work and there is some sort of deficiency in his blood. I have no idea what that will mean.. but I'm horribly worried ..

I am sorry that Toby couldn't have his surgery today. Maybe it is just a temporary thing (like anemia) and after some treatment he will be just fine...

Our fingers and paws are crossed for you

Cheryl, Emily and Tanner

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please update us on his condition. I hope its nothing too serious. I'm sending you a PM.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

i'm so worried because this is a sign of luekemia .. my god i hope thats not the case, and I don't know what to do if it is... not to mention the fact that it could be something that costs a lot of money to treat, and I'm just afraid that I might not be able to afford it

they are doing tests on him .. i guess we just have to wait for the results.

anyone know of any signs of a serious disease? I was really surprised because toby is such a healthy looking cat...and now this happens all of a sudden.

Did the vet tell you that it was leukemia? If they didn't actually say that, it might not be as serious as you are thinking... I hope that it isn't leukemia...

no no they said, according to my fiance, that this blood deficiency that toby has is a "sign" of luekemia...

Okay, maybe it isn't as bad you are imagining... Until you have an opportunity to talk with the vet try not to imagine the worst case scenario (I know that it easier said than done). I hope hat there is something that they can do or recommend for Toby ...

Cheryl

yes, it is hard Seeing it is Friday, I'm afraid we might not hear the results until Monday.

what does it take for them not to be able to perform a surgery on cats? I mean it has to be something ... or are they just being cautious?

I know it's hard, but try not to worry and let your imagination get ahead of you. It must be really scary not knowing. I pray you get the results today and it's nothing serious. Keep us posted please.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Toby's back home .... the doctor was out to lunch so we don't know anything yet.. he's going to call sometime today with the results!

Give Toby some scritchies from me, Hayley and Mandy.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

will do, and thanks.

WOW. the waiting is the hardest part. They should have been a little more specific when they called you in the first place. Didn't they KNOW it would worry you to not have the whole story? We'll be thinking of you and praying for a swift and simple answer. Hang in there Toby, we'll get to the bottom of this.

Well its almost supper time and the doctor is still busy .. my god you think he would call right away and let us know whats wrong with our cat ....