Thread: I have updated my old cat website

I have updated my old cat website

Does anyone remember my old website, www.catmom.de - Living with Cats in a Responsible Way? I built that page back in 2004 when I was home after my first back surgery, but then I neglected it over the past 5 years. Now I have finally decided to create a new design, and I have also edited and updated the articles. It was quite a shock for me to realize how bad my English was 9 years ago, really embarrassing. So it was definitely a good idea to review and edit all the articles (the Germans as well 'cause in the meantime, the German spelling rules have been changed). Took me four days of work. Maybe you'd like to take a look:

www.catmom.de

This is wonderful, Kirsten. What a lot of valuable information you have included out there! Your love for cats comes through loud and clear.

God bless, and love,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    This is wonderful, Kirsten. What a lot of valuable information you have included out there! Your love for cats comes through loud and clear.

God bless, and love,
    Pat and cats

Thank you, Pat!

Originally I made that page because it annoys me when I hear people saying all these stupid things about cats, like they should have babies and this kind of stuff.

Is there much cat-care information available on line and in other ways to the general public in Germany, Kirsten?

Your site is full or information that many people in this country need to learn, too.

You've created a great service here for German cats, Kirsten!

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

The German spelling rules have changed? Anyway I'm glad you were able to rebuild your site.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Is there much cat-care information available on line and in other ways to the general public in Germany, Kirsten?

Your site is full or information that many people in this country need to learn, too.

You've created a great service here for German cats, Kirsten!

Pat

Well, there's a lot of information available in Germany; websites, books, magazines... But there are still people who believe in all this old-fashioned crap. Most people also believe that cats should go outside; there are even animal shelters who won't let you adopt any of their cats if you plan to keep it indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    The German spelling rules have changed? Anyway I'm glad you were able to rebuild your site.
    Yes, it has. In the 90s actually, but during the first years, I refused to use the new rules because I didn't like them. Then the new rules have been modified a couple of times, and meanwhile, I can live with them. However, I think it was a ridiculous thing to do. If students these days are not able to write down a sentence correctly, the teaching methods should be reconsidered, and not the spelling rules. After all, many generations before - mine included - were able to learn them!

I took a couple years of German in college and didn't find spelling the words terribly difficult. Matching articles and pronouns to the correct grammatical case, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    I took a couple years of German in college and didn't find spelling the words terribly difficult. Matching articles and pronouns to the correct grammatical case, on the other hand...
    Oh my Gosh, yes... I wouldn't wanna learn German as a foreign language because of this! lol

English is crazy to learn as a foreign language too!

Kirsten, your new site is wonderful! I posted the link on my FB timeline!

Congrats!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I really enjoy reading this Kirsten so informative and can I say I love your siggie picture.
    ZACK MY BIG BEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    English is crazy to learn as a foreign language too!

Kirsten, your new site is wonderful! I posted the link on my FB timeline!

Congrats!
    Thanks for sharing the link, Candace! As for the English language... I also had French at school, and compared to that, English was much easier to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCATS View Post
    I really enjoy reading this Kirsten so informative and can I say I love your siggie picture.
    Thank you very much!

Someone had a quote about English mugging other languages for words as if they were spare change.