Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat drooling after teeth are pulled

I hope it's not a tumour...I hope it is something treatable. Hugs to you and your dear kitty.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Buddy is drooling, losing weight, sneezing & has a runny eye. Hes not looking good at all. This is the first time in his life that hes experienced such pain & discomfort. I will not let him suffer.

Prayers and good healing wishes that this is something that can be treated.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Buddy has gotten worse.
    his haws is showing in one of his eyes.

Aww, so sorry to hear this. He is an elderly boy, and sometimes these things happen.
    I've Been Frosted

It might be best to have him put to sleep but ill wait till weds & see what the vet says. I thought that this would be easier to handle since i have been through this 3 xs but it isnt. All my cats died during the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Aww, so sorry to hear this. He is an elderly boy, and sometimes these things happen.
    I believe hes 16 x 7...right ? Also is showing the haws (3rd eyelid) dangerous ? He does have a good appetite.

Showing the third eyelid means that a cat is ill. It's not necessarily dangerous.

Name:  cat_age_chart.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  58.3 KB

I talked to a neighbor & she said her cat had the same problem with the 3rd eyelid showing. She said it was horner's syndrome & the vet gave her cat eye ointment & antibiotics & the cat got better. Buddys mouth is very sensitive when i touch him. I expected the dental surgery to go well but it hasnt.

Don't for a minute think that you are to blame for any of this. And don't think that the dental was the bane of his existence, either... dentals, especially in older/sick pets, are always a good idea. Walking around with bad teeth or a mouth full of bacteria is just asking for issues (bad mouths can lead to cardiac/respiratory disease, sepsis, etc). The fact that he hasn't had a nice recovery kind of indicates that something deeper was going on to begin with. But don't you blame yourself for a single second!

Hoping for better news...

facebook

I took buddy to the vet today & the vet told me one side of buddys mouth is all bone & he does have a tumor. He said it will get bigger & he suggested i put buddy to sleep cause its only going to get worse & his age doesnt help things. For now he gave me a refill of clindacure & he said that should help with his haws (3rd eyelid). Buddy is like my kid cause i have no children & hes been with me over 14 yrs but i will do the right thing when i notice his face swelling. Ill take him to the humane society of san bernardino just like i have taken 3 of my other cats. Its going to be tough but i have no choice. Buddy has lived a good life & ill miss him dearly. Thank you for all the replys.

I hope you have some more good time with Buddy and can spoil him a little bit. I know you will give him all the love you can, and Buddy will know it.

Poem For Cats

And God asked the feline spirit
    Are you ready to come home?
    Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
    And, as a cat, you know I am most able
    To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
    Soon, replied the whiskered angel
    But I must come slowly
    For my human friends are troubled
    For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
    That you'll never leave them?
    That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
    That nothing is created or destroyed?
    It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
    Replied the glorious cat
    For I will whisper into their hearts
    That I am always with them
    I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Buddy is not drooling as much as he used to but he still sneezes time to time. His 3rd eyelid is still showing (3/4) & he sleeps over 20 hrs a day. Im not sure but i dont think hes peeing or pooping. What over the counter stuff can i get to help him along ? His appetite is good & hes drinking water but not much. The vet did give me a refill of clindacure on the 22nd & he said it was for 10 days but it lasted only 7. Hmmmm.

Hi, Steel:

Might you get some more Clindamycin for Buddy? It seems to help him feel a bit more comfy. Ask your vet about some Prednisone as well. It is not a cure but can reduce tumour and other swelling.

HUGS.