Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    a freight train derailed in Quebec, caused a chemical spill and people had to be evacuated. Scary.
    I heard on the news that twenty people were killed in the train accident up in Québec and 20-30 people are still not accounted for. Very sad.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

If trig was relevant to my life maybe I'd care about it more.

There was a serious airplane crash on Saturday in San Francisco, California. 180 people were hurt and two were killed.
    I heard on the news that the TV station that read the "names" of the pilots is being sued by the airline. What a sick prank.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

If you plant multiple varieties of peppers, it's a good idea NOT to pull out the stakes telling you which is which while weeding, especially if you have several hot varieties and several lookalikes that aren't hot.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I never really noticed until quite recently, what an evil and hateful demeanor that Nancy Grace puts forth. It is said that the eyes are a window to the soul, and she has the coldest and most evil looking eyes that I have ever seen. I was watching her show a few nights ago, and she actually gave me chills! What a snake..........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

today's Mutts (I can just describe it)

(Scene: Mooch and Earl are walking together. Mooch has a hobo's pack over his right shoulder.)

Mooch: Where does one shtay when one goes camping?
    Earl: Usually in the pup tent.
    Mooch: Ha! I'll shtay in the kitty tent.

(I'm with you, Mooch!)

I heard on the news that the U.S. Postal Service has decided not to suspend Saturday deliveries for now.
    Now they want to suspend house-to-house deliveries and have everyone use a cluster box.

That's going to drive it out of business for sure.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

^ I'll reply to those in the morning, the postal service wouldn't want me posting my thoughts from a postal computter.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Now they want to suspend house-to-house deliveries and have everyone use a cluster box.
    I've been seeing commercials on t.v. lately about the USPS not being funded by anyone's tax dollar, and only thru the sale of postage. It seems to me that they will be crying ever poorer if they try to get house-to-house deliveries eliminated. They're already in a deep hole, so I guess now all we have to do is shovel the dirt in on top of them.

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???????????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Pom, those adverts you see aren't from the Postal Service, they're from the Union(s) trying to fight decades of misinformation about postal funding and solvency. The truth of the postal problem is that without postal participation in certain insurance and retirement programs for Federal employees, they would have to budget far more than they currently do to pay for those. They raid the Postal Service to make the budgetary loss look more manageable.

As to the cluster box cluster, those are in a bill sponsored by Rep. Darrell Issa, (C) California, which on the whole makes about as much sense as anything coming from Capitol hill. Yeah, CBUs are going to work wonderfully at the end of a street in New Hampshire in January. The Postal Service mismanages delivery just fine all by itself, it doesn't need help from Issa (who has stated that he wants to destroy the Postal Unions) and certain other members of the house and Senate......one of whom's husband has sole rights to dispose of excess postal real estate on commission.......no conflict of interest there, just move along.

I heard on the news that twenty people were killed in the train accident up in Québec and 20-30 people are still not accounted for. Very sad.
    The missing people number was lowered to 47 from 50. They are still searching for the remains of five people. About 13 have been "formally" identified.

This happened right downtown:
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I love this quote from Billy Graham. "Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us --and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there."

It's funny when I get emails telling me I have been nominated for "Who's Who in Business Executives" and the like, when the email address they are coming to is, for example "why(the at sign) pet of the day.com" for example! Um, "Why isn't a person, never mind an executive!"
    I've Been Frosted

August 26 is National Dog Day! I am so thankful for all of the wonderful Pet Talk dogs, and for their people too! Happy National Dog Day! Hugs and lovies to all the PT goggies!

http://www.nationaldogday.com/