Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grandma now at the Rainbow bridge

Grandma now at the Rainbow bridge

My sweet Grandma who was 18 has been in failing health. Last night she got so she could hardly walk and would not eat. I was carrying her to the litter box and water bowl. She went to the vet today and I was told it was kidney failure. With her age and health conditions she already has, fluids would only proglong her life not improve it.

Since she had very little quality of life the way she was: blind, not being able to walk or even stand without wobbling and falling, needing help with all her potty functions, I decided to send her to the Bridge.

My heart is breaking and I'm in shock so if this sounds cold I'm sorry. I have watched my girl go from a healthy happy girl who loved life to one who just basicly stayed in my bed and went to the litter box and drank water and ate.

She never liked to be held much but this afternoon while waiting for the ride to the vet, we sat in my rocker for an hour. She didn't move a muscle except for an occasional twitch of the tail. Once in a while I would feel her purr. I told her about the Bridge and all who would meet her there. And how very very much she is loved.

Chester, her long time pal, came over and they sniffed noses and he gave her a nose kiss goodbye then went and laid down.

Anyway, I will try not to second guess my decision. It was made out of love and to try and save her further suffering. Thank you all who loved my girl too.

I, may never be able to sleep again not that she is gone, however. Not sure the tears will every stop either for that matter.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, MoFF. I am so very sorry to learn this news. Dear sweet Grandma. Sending you many (((HUGS))) today meowmie MoFF. Winnie and Angel, Chester, Chip and Chuck, and Frankie -- please give your meowmie many purrs, cuddles, head bumpies and lovies.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am in tears here at my desk at work.
    It is comforting to know my Taz now has his sweet Valentine with him again and forever more.
    Big hugs to you MOFF, and please don't second guess yourself. I understand that's easy to say, because I say it to myself all the time even after 4 years of letting Taz go.
    I always wonder.......what if.

RIP Grandma, give some loves to my Taz.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so very sorry and words are of little use when grief is so raw. I only hope that with time your pain eases somewhat. Take good care.

Rest in peace, dear girl. You go find the other Pet Talk kitties up at the Rainbow Bridge now, I am sure Boots, and Fister will welcome a grand dame like you and show you all the best spots for comfy naps!
    I've Been Frosted

I am very sorry for your loss. I am glad you had the hour with her to prepare both you and Grandma for her journey to the Bridge. You absolutely did the right thing by letting her go, prolonging her life wouldn't have been to her benefit. I know your heart is breaking and I send you lots of hugs, and purrrrrrs from Cali and Diego.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am so sorry for your loss. Grandma will be waiting for you at the Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Awww, I am so sorry about Grandma's passing. She sure had a long life with you, but her poor body was worn out
    and failing. You did a hard thing but the right thing to let her go on to her rest. (((Hugs)) to you at this sad time.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so sorry for your loss, your furbaby was much loved and so much a family member, your heart will be aching, RIP beautiful girl, HUGS
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

You did the right thing. It was right because even though the decision was straightforward, actually making it and carrying it out - putting Grandma's best before your own heartbreak - was devastating for you.

I am so so sorry about Grandma. Please lean on us here and take care of yourself.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, MOFF, I am so very sorry. My heart breaks for you.

Grandma lived a wonderful life full of love. God bless you for all you gave her and all you and she shared. May your precious memories help to bring you peace and comfort.

She is whole and healthy again now at the Bridge, a glorious Angel who will welcome you Home... One Fine Day. Love is eternal, and you and she are together always. Listen in your heart for the sound of her purrs.

I bet Grandma and my 20+ year old girl Poppaea who went to the Bridge last week are already having some great conversations about their long times on earth and their beloved human and feline companions!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Don't second guess yourself. The decision was made unselfishly out of love.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss. Don't second guess yourself. The decision was made unselfishly out of love.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    My feelings exactly. You gave Grandma a wonderful life and a dignified passing. My heart is with you MOFF - letting our babies go is the hardest decision ever. Sleep sweetly Grandma - you are so loved and will never be forgotten.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I am very sorry for your loss. RIP Grandma.

I'm very sorry for your loss of Grandma. No second guessing, you did what was right for her.
    She's in your heart forever and you'll be together again, one fine day.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla