Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet is going bye-bye.. It's gone now.

Thanks, friends. Now I'm at the Ann Arbor District Library, Malletts Creek branch.

Gotcha about public (wide-open) WiFi .

Thanks!
    Last edited by phesina; 09-05-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Thanks, friends. Now I'm at the Ann Arbor District Library, Mallett's Creek branch.

Gotcha about public (wide-open) WiFi .

Thanks!
    Say he to the librarians for me! Libraries are some of my favorite places in the world!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Make sure you log out of Pet Talk when you are on, whenever you are using public Wifi. We do not keep anyone's credit card stuff or anything, but better safe than sorry!
    Do I need to actually log out, or is killing the browser sufficient? That's been my way of doing it (not having to worry at home), but I'll do an actual log-out this time and from now on.

Thanks, Karen.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Do I need to actually log out, or is killing the browser sufficient? That's been my way of doing it (not having to worry at home), but I'll do an actual log-out this time and from now on.

Thanks, Karen.

Yeah - killing the browser does not log you out, you need to hit the "log out" button to clear the cookie from the computer's cache.
    I've Been Frosted

Gotcha. Thanks, Karen! A word to the wise.

Death thought about it.

Why don't you get an interet "stick"? I have one from Clear Internet. Unlimited use (you can use as much as you want, NO penalties or limits). It costs me around $50 per month. You can buy the acutal stick on ebay or amazon for about $20 ad just call Clear to set you up. It's VERY easy to do. I can take this thing with me wherever I go and use it in my laptop. Best invention since the wheel. It's very, very, fast, too.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    Why don't you get an interet "stick"? I have one from Clear Internet. Unlimited use (you can use as much as you want, NO penalties or limits). It costs me around $50 per month. You can buy the acutal stick on ebay or amazon for about $20 ad just call Clear to set you up. It's VERY easy to do. I can take this thing with me wherever I go and use it in my laptop. Best invention since the wheel. It's very, very, fast, too.
    I have a Clear stick too. It's $39.99 per month. Clear is part of Sprint now. I got mine at Fry's electronics. all you do is put it in the USB drive and wait a moment while it finds a signal. When it is ready, the light on the device turns from yellow to green. I've had it over a year now and there have been probably 4 or 5 days when the tower was out and I couldn't get on the Internet. Katladyd, that's a great idea.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hmmmmm, thanks, both of you, that's good to know. I never heard of those before. I must look into Clear.

I think I'd have to pay comcast about $50 a month for internet hookup in my apartment. And then I'm at their mercy.
    Death thought about it.