Thread: My Chi's Ears

My Chi's Ears

Has anyone got information on when a chihuahua's ears are suppose to go erect, if they're going to. My Tess is 12 weeks and her ears are dropped. I know sometimes they never stand up - I hope that's not the case with Tess - I really like the erect ears.

Interesting question Purrley. I know all our chihuahuas puppies had droppy ears when small, but now they're very erect. Tess is still tiny so I'm sure soon or later they'll go up. If not, she'll probably look more adorable with droopy ears!

When are you posting pictures! We're all dying to see her. How is she doing? How are YOU doing and how are the cats doing with Tess?
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Everyone is doing fine - Tess is adjusting really well and getting into a routine - I'm having a bit of trouble with feeding time - can't seem to get Tess on a schedule - she will not sit long enough to consume an entire meal. I just give her a little bit, but she's a real snacker - likes to get a little bit then go back, get a little bit, then go back. She sure likes the cat food and the cats like the dog food She's a little bundle of energy, but so sweet, we have lots of cuddle time in the evenings. I got her vet checked, shots, heart worm med's. We don't need to worry about heartworm from Oct - May. In May she will start taking them once a month till Oct. She's getting used to her harness - still biting at it a bit, but I think she'll be ok. Got a name ID tag for her - so I think I'm covering all the bases - I hope. But most important I think we're both getting to love each other more every day and the cats tolerate her - except Braydee who really loves to play tag with her
    Hope all is fine with your family - how's little Buffy since she got her bug bite???
    Must be nice to live in Florida where its warm all year long, but ya have bugs all year long too

[ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

Oh by the way - as soon as I get all the pic's developed, I'll be posting them. I have no way of getting them into the system here at work, dont have a home computer - so I'm going to send them to a Pet Talk member and she will put them in for me - so it will take a while, but they'll show up eventually.

Great to hear you and Tess are bonding. It really is a very special time. The cats will get used to her. About the eating issue, Buffy does the exact same thing. She'll come to the bowl, nibble or grab something, walk back or around, but she will never stay still long enough to finish everything that's in the bowl. It's something that we've gotten used to, except it makes housebreaking a bit harder since you can't really anticipate when she'll need to go. But, on the other hand, Maggie got her used to the blue mats, so she just goes there when she needs to.

Buffy got over her bug bite without any further complications. The one that was a nervous wreck was my daughter. She worries too much about Buffy, since to her it's like her child. She's ok though.

If you need help in posting the pictures, you can also send them to me and I'll put them up. I'll open up a folder for Tess in Webshots. It's easy to do and free.

Can't wait to see them!
    Barbi

Can't wait to see pictures!! A lot of people have the impression that Chihuahua's are little yappy dogs who are very hyper. That is certainly not the case with our Roxie. It is all about socializing & proper training and you will have a perfect companion that will make you very proud. My husband is begging me to get a brother or sister for Roxie but I'm not sure how she would react. She is very spoiled, and has been the "baby" for two years now. Although she does have a BIG crush on a Pomeranian named Pookie. It's hysterical when these two see each other. It's LOVE! Too cute!

Purrley,

Any pictures yet? How are you and Tess doing?
    Barbi

Purrley, my two toy poodles (at the Rainbow Bridge) also used to peck at their food on and off all day. At the time they were our only pets so it didn't matter much (no kitties to share with! ) I figured it was because their tummies were too small for a full meal at one time. I too would love to see pictures of Tess when they are available. I'm so glad things are working out for you all!

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Pam ]