Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ocean*bad news*

Ocean*bad news*

today started out so well. Ocean and i got up early and went for a walk. then we were off to the vet for his neuter. we had to wait on the vet so we sat in the lobby and talked to the secritary. when the vet got there i said my goodbye and left. the secritary called me this afternoon. "i have some bad news." i was so afraid that he died durring the sugery. the lady said "Ocean has a disease. it's painful and will kill him. my choices were to get Ocean neutered and try and make his time painless and happy. or i could have him put to sleep. aparently this disease is cancerous and it would be hard for him. i chose to have him put to sleep. Ocean will pass on sometime in the next day or so.

i'm so upset. i wish there was something i could do. i just want him to be happy. his time with my family was extreamly short, but he was loved dearly by my family and the other dogs.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Your post just struck me like a bolt of lightning. I am typing way to fast Lute, I am so sorry!!!!!! So Sorry, !!!!!!!!!!

(I can't believe what I just read!!!) I am remember the phone call that I got from my Vet 3 years ago, ----Oh, I am so very sorry

Oh my god, Lexie, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave him a good home AWAY from abuse, you did a GREAT thing! R.I.P sweet Ocean. Your mom loved you VERY much!

OMG how scary! What is this disease, exactly? That must've been a huge shock... but at least he had some happiness in his life with your family.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Wow... I just got such a huge shock I almost jumped out of my seat. What disease is this? How horrible Maybe you should call his old owner and ask if they knew anything about it or just tell them about it?

RIP soon Ocean --- Lexie and PT love you.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    OMG !!! I am sooo sorry. I can't even belive it, You had him for such a short time. And soon he'll be gone forever. You did such a good thing to take him, I'm sure god had a good reason to take him too. Play hard at the RB, Ocean. And say hi to Pheobe when you get there.

RIP, Ocean. You will be in our hearts forever.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

I am so sorry Lexie.
    RIP Ocean godspeed to RB
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Oh my goddess, I am so sorry! Like others said, this is quite a shock and has happened very fast. Again, I am so sorry for you and Ocean.

*****HUGS*****

Lexie I'm so sorry for this . You were given him a chance to be loved . He will always remeber your love and comfort. HUG
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

I've never heard anything like that either. How in the world could they tell he had some cancerous and painful disease doing a routine neuter? Without pathology testing and biopsies, attempting treatments, nothing... And having the secretary call about something like that instead of the vet? That makes NO sense.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

thanks everyone. it was a big shocker for me as well. i can't pronounce the disease. i'll try to write it down when i go see Ocean one last time. i want to be there when he dies.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul
    I've never heard anything like that either. How in the world could they tell he had some cancerous and painful disease doing a routine neuter? And having the secretary call about something like that instead of the vet? That makes NO sense.
    I agree. This smells fishy.

And he looks perfectly happy and able to live a normal life in the photos. I wouldn't euthanize a dog that looked that good, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    I agree. This smells fishy.

And he looks perfectly happy and able to live a normal life in the photos. I wouldn't euthanize a dog that looked that good, but that's just me.
    But cancer is not always visible on the outside, looks have nothing to do with it. It is very sad, in any case.

I will also be curious to find out what disease it was, and if it is communicable, or what ... poor Ocean.

OMG
    Are you sure they havnt mistakened him with some other dog?!?!

I'm so sorry to hear that
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

OMG I am so so very sorry. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. At least we all know that he was happy with you, and had a home.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]