Thread: No Place Is Safe These Days

Hybrid View

Do you have dead bolts on your doors? If not, consider adding them. It is quite easy to get in to a door knob lock, using a credit card - I've done it when I've locked myself out, in the apartments I've lived in. Fast, quick, easy, and no one even realizes you are not using a key to open the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Do you have dead bolts on your doors? If not, consider adding them. It is quite easy to get in to a door knob lock, using a credit card - I've done it when I've locked myself out, in the apartments I've lived in. Fast, quick, easy, and no one even realizes you are not using a key to open the door.
    Yes we do and I always make sure to lock my door using a dead bolt. This is one of the things that they were reminding people to do as well as to keep your windows closed when you're gone. I even have a wooden board that I place in the space next to my sliding glass door when I close and lock it. My parents also do this. This makes it very hard for someone to break into your home through the sliding glass door.

Best wishes, Tracey. I sure hope they catch whoever did these things. As long as they're still out there, this could happen again.

Those are good ideas for increasing your security, the dead bolt for the door and the wooden board by the sliding glass door.

Is there a condo association that hired these workers, or was it an individual owner? Could the association put pressure on the owner to be there to let the workers in, not just allow them to prop the door open?

Sending along all our good wishes and positive energies that you and your kitties stay safe, KAK.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Best wishes, Tracey. I sure hope they catch whoever did these things. As long as they're still out there, this could happen again.

Those are good ideas for increasing your security, the dead bolt for the door and the wooden board by the sliding glass door.

Is there a condo association that hired these workers, or was it an individual owner? Could the association put pressure on the owner to be there to let the workers in, not just allow them to prop the door open?

Sending along all our good wishes and positive energies that you and your kitties stay safe, KAK.

Thanks. No, it was an individual owner that hired the workers. In the past doors have been propped open when people were moving or work was being done on certain units and there's never been a problem. All of our buildings had new carpet installed in the hall ways and all of the walls and doors were also repainted earlier this year without any problems. They also repainted our front doors but we were home when this was being done. I sure hope that nothing more will happen. Thanks again everyone for all of the good vibes and wishes.