Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Need PT Help - Emma & Annie need GOOD homes. (Can we help Gini?)

I spoke to my friend in mid-northern California, and another in Oregon, just in case!
    I've Been Frosted

Does anyone know any of the firefighters who attened Gini's BBQs? Maybe they would know someone.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Does anyone know any of the firefighters who attened Gini's BBQs? Maybe they would know someone.
    They were contacted initially by Phred, so sadly, we do not have their contact info.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks everyone. I posted this plea on The Cat Site and have gotten some leads of where to start.

You might want to go through the list of Los Angeles Shelters and Rescue Groups on Petfinder and contact them to see if one can help:
    http://www.petfinder.com/animal-shelters-and-rescues/search/?location=Los+Angeles%2C+CA&shelter_name=

So this is where I plan to start tomorrow and make phone call after phone call. A friend of mine suggested tonight that perhaps Annie and Emma might do well in another quiet home with a senior so tomorrow I will research to see if any shelters have a "seniors for seniors" program.

Today has not been a good day mentally for me so I've been a little teary eyed all day. Must try and get to bed early enough to have a good sleep.

Nite all!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I can't do much, but praying for the kitties and hoping for the best for them.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I have found one shelter that will take them in, but for $500 each. I understand how overrun shelters are these days but I'm afraid $1000 USD is a bit too rich for my blood.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    I have found one shelter that will take them in, but for $500 each. I understand how overrun shelters are these days but I'm afraid $1000 USD is a bit too rich for my blood.
    Yikes! That IS a lot. Are they no-kill?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yes, they are a no kill.

Just got an email from one of the ****** brothers who pretty much wants them dead now. We've been given until New Years.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Yes, they are a no kill.

Just got an email from one of the ****** brothers who pretty much wants them dead now. We've been given until New Years.
    Grrrrr, stoopid brother! Will get the word out that this is an emergency situation! My friend in mid-California said she would take them but for the fact that she now has two young Siamese brothers that would terrorize the ladies, and a small place with nowhere Annie and Emma could escape the boys.
    I've Been Frosted

I have a cat rescue friend here that is seeing if there is anyone on our end that can help out Annie and Emma. We're on the other side of the US, but I think a PT miracle could get them here if it came to that, right?
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    I have a cat rescue friend here that is seeing if there is anyone on our end that can help out Annie and Emma. We're on the other side of the US, but I think a PT miracle could get them here if it came to that, right?
    Yeah, better than leaving them to that unspeakable fate!
    I've Been Frosted

Not wanting to say it earlier, until I had confirmation, but thought it all along- that is some fine family and close friends Gini had. The horror of thinking one of my siblings or parents or boyfriend would take ANY of my many pets to a shelter is simply unreal. Save the excuses. Family and close friends don't do that.

May they get theirs.

I wonder who, if anyone, is feeding & taking care of the cats right now? They can'nt clean up after themselves.
    Can you imagine feeding cats you don't give a darn about? Geeze.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I wonder who, if anyone, is feeding & taking care of the cats right now? They can'nt clean up after themselves.
    Can you imagine feeding cats you don't give a darn about? Geeze.
    They are being fed by Gini's brother, he shared the house with Gini. So at least for the moment they have food and shelter, and litterboxes that are maintained.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    They are being fed by Gini's brother, he shared the house with Gini. So at least for the moment they have food and shelter, and litterboxes that are maintained.

Hmmm, didn't realize that they both lived in the same house.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt