Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do I upload a new picture attachment now?? - SUCCESS! see #17

How do I upload a new picture attachment now?? -more questions

I tried to upload a new picture with a new thread I started, but I can't get it to work.

First I tried the "Upload Manager," and told it to add a new file and gave it the location on the "Browse" button. It toook MUCH longer to do whatever it was doing, but when it finally stopped, I hit "done" and it just told me to drag an existing file or else hite "Add Files" AGAIN. But when I looked at the actual page again, the file hadn't been uploaded.

Then I went to "edit page" and tried the "Insert Image" From Computer, gave it the path and then it didn't insert it..

And then Firefox crashed.
    Last edited by phesina; 08-10-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I was going to start a thread just for this, so thanks for the question!

When you want to post a picture now, you hit the little "picture" icon as before ...

That brings up two options - From Computer and From URL - which means from somewhere else on the Internet.

When you select From Computer it says "Add an Image from your computer
    Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif" and gives you a button to choose a file. Once you have chosen the file, see the line of text below the "Choose File" button that says "Upload file" and click that, and you're done.

When you select From URL - it says "Add an Image from Url
    Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif" and gives you a box in which to type (or paste) the address for the picture you want to use, and below that is automatically checked "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and then hit "okay" and you are done!

Now, it's not gonna look like it used to with [IM G] tags - instead it will look like [ATTACH = CONFIG ]52439[/ ATTA CH] - without the spaces of course, but it will post the image right there in the post.

Does that help?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

I can see why I couldn't upload a picture the other day - it was a .pdf. I think this will work.

Last edited by Randi; 01-31-2012 at 01:58 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Yes, that worked fine! Hi, handsome boy!
    I've Been Frosted

I tried putting a picture into my text in the thread, but it was way huge - how do you control for the size if you want it to look like the examples above? I ended up with thumbnails that people can then enlarge. But I would like to be able to use the pictures as part of the story I'm trying to tell.

Thanks. B&L's Mom2

I usually resize them in Photoshop, but any image editing program will do, whatever your computer has! If you keep them to 600 wide, they will fit in the threads nicely.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks, Karen. Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    >
    >
    When you want to post a picture now, you hit the little "picture" icon as before ...

That brings up two options - From Computer and From URL - which means from somewhere else on the Internet.

When you select From Computer it says "Add an Image from your computer
    Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif" and gives you a button to choose a file. Once you have chosen the file, see the line of text below the "Choose File" button that says "Upload file" and click that, and you're done.

When you select From URL - it says "Add an Image from Url
    Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif" and gives you a box in which to type (or paste) the address for the picture you want to use, and below that is automatically checked "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and then hit "okay" and you are done!

>
    >
    Does that help?
    Karen, that is exactly what I did before and I just tried again now. It still doesn't retrieve the picture.

This is the message (thread starter) in which I was trying to insert a cute picture of lovely little kitten Sheila: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...27#post2404627

Thanks for your help.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Pat, which method did you try?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hoppy.jpg 
Views:	1809 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	52442 This was done using Firefox ... using the "From Your Computer" method ...
    I've Been Frosted

And this was done, using the

Name:	08b.jpg 
Views:	1018 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	52443

"from URL" method in Firefox.

What version of Firefox are you running?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Pat, which method did you try?

Name:	Hoppy.jpg 
Views:	1809 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	52442 This was done using Firefox ... using the "From Your Computer" method ...
    This method, Karen.

Firefox 10.0, which just updated itself on this computer (laptop), but this isn't the one on which I have the picture I tried to insert, so I can't try it again right now. I'll let you know after I'm back on the other computer.

Thanks,
    Pat
    Death thought about it.

thanks for info
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Karen, I'm on my desktop machine again now, where I have the kitten's picture. I just upgraded the Firefox to version 10.0 for Windows. Then I tried to insert the picture again "From Computer," and again it did not retrieve and insert the picture.
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Then I tried to insert the picture again "From Computer," and again it did not retrieve and insert the picture.
    What happened when you tried? Can you do a screen capture of any message that comes up? Or at one point does it stop?
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, I get "Insert Image" with the little picture icon. Then I go to "From Computer" and "Browse" to the file path, then "Upload File(s)." The little rabbit Pet Talk icon at the left side of the browser window tab starts spinning, like it is doing some work. After a little time (actually a fair amount of time), it stops spinning and the rabbit is back and the little "Insert Image" window is gone, leaving the editing screen just as it was before I started the Insert Image process. Once again, no message comes up from the process and the image has NOT been inserted.

How do I do a screen capture? Not that there is anything to capture here.
    Death thought about it.