Thread: Something is always breaking!!!!!!!!!!!

Something is always breaking!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday about 9:30am I was bringing a load of clothes downstairs along w/ some trash, etc. I heard this loud weird noise that I thought was water leaking or something, it was definitely a sound I have never heard before. Owen was over looking at the sliding glass door, and this is what I found:

This was not vandalism or anything. It was a fluke thing that I think happened as the result of a defect in the door. It was installed 3 yrs ago.
    Today when I got home from work, most of the glass has fallen down now.
    I'm waiting for a call back from the Pella service group and pray that this will be covered by warranty.
    (these were taken by my cellphone, so not the best)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slidngdoor2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	316.5 KB 
ID:	42836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slidingglass.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	798.6 KB 
ID:	42837  

Oh dear! That is terrible. Do you have something covering it now so the kitties can't escape? I hope you have a warranty for that. Insane.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Holy cow - I've never seen anything like that. If Pella doesn't cover it, your homeowner's insurance should.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I knew I was going to leave out a detail or two. The outside pane is the one that shattered, it is a double pane door so the inside layer is still intact. No escapees yet. I pray that it holds until I can get it repaired/replaced.

Oh, goodness. Thank heavens it is a double-paned glass, so the dangerous bits are outside where delicate kitty paws won't be injured!
    I've Been Frosted

That is unreal! I hope nobody was injured. As for getting everything resolved, document everything your receipts and warranty,document any and all conversations you may have with anyone from the insurance and glass companies. Should you have any out of pocket expenses keep all receipts. Be sure everthing is dated. Hoping this will be resolved in your favor very soon.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Goodness, that's awful! I'm so glad that no one was hurt. I sure hope that this is resolved in your favor.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I talked to Pella this morning, and it's what I thought. I'm out of the warranty time for the labor, but all parts, etc to fix it are covered. I have to pay $55 for a Pella tech to come out and look at it, he can't come until next week, the 25th. I will take a pic of what it looks like now as I put up masking tape on the inside panes Sunday to prevent any major tempered glass from falling on me or the kitties. It looks like a d*mn junkyard. I'm so embarrassed!

My neighbor's friend works for a home restoration company and he told me yesterday that if labor was not covered to just get Pella to order whatever part/parts they were going to replace and that he would put it in for me w/o charging me. I was thrilled but still feel like I need to pay him something for his time. He's working full time and also going to school to be an RN, so he is either at school or work during the week. Definitely deserves to be paid something, whether it be cash or gift card to a restaurant or something else he may enjoy.

WOW!!!! That is just bizarre. Who would ever think something like that would happen? I think I've seen it all now.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh WoW how freaky.. Oh please dont let any glass fall on you or the kitties.. I have never seen glass do that..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Yee OW sers!

WOW! That's something!! I had that happen to a glass oven door one time..Hadn't used the oven that day at all.. Late one night it just shattered. Oddest thing I ever saw... I know you were just as stunned as I was... wondering what they heck happened?

Great that parts are covered and you got someone willing to do the work for you.. How about a homecooked meal if he don't want any pay for the job? If he is single, he would loooove a good homecooked meal.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

"If he is single, he would loooove a good homecooked meal."

Hey now! I'm single and I cook everyday! LOL! I was going to suggest though...it sounds like he's got a full schedule. I bet he'd appreciate you making him lunch to take to work for a week or so. I just read an article in Real Simple that bartering is the NEWEST thing in this economy.

BTW, that door would have FREAKED me out. I would have assumed someone threw a rock or something. Pela is expensive. They should stand 100% behind what is clearly a defective product. Good luck!
    Claudia