Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lookin' through the files...

Lookin' through the files...

Well, I was looking through the vet files (looking for Sonis neuter receipt), and I found a card. It is a condolence card, sent out by our old vet in Pendleton after Tier was sent to the RB and I became sad. When you have a pet pass away, they wait two weeks and send you a card.

It is green with little gold paw prints on the cover that says With Sympathy. On the inside they wrote: "The Copa Family, We wanted you to know that we understand the difficulty in your decision to let Tier go. We hope the memories you have shared will help fill the emptiness in your hearts. Sincerely, the staff of Pendleton Veterinary Clinic." and then everybody on staff signed it (one of the techs that was in the room wrote "nice kitty" too), even their maintenance guy!

Does anyone elses vet do this? I think it's a sweet gesture!

I had a vet do that for me once but it was so long ago that I forgot which one it was... I think it is thoughtful when they do that and shows they really understand what a person goes through when they loose a beloved pet.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That is so darn sweet and thoughtful of your vet to do this. Mine doesn't

I can understand you feeling sad about it. How long has it been since Tier's passing?

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Our Vet sends flowers and a card.

Our vet sent us a beautiful card after Leo passed away. It has a silhouette of a cat looking up at a purple sky full of stars. Very sweet. Everyone signed it. It's the little things like that during times of grief that help out a lot!

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

When our little RB girl Quasar passed away, we got a lovely sympathy card signed by everybody at the office about the pawprints left on our hearts. I get LES just thinking about it because it's so true.

Quasar had been in the hospital for a while and they got to knew her there. So the vet and some of the techs wrote a few lines about how sweet she was. I miss her.

I think it's a sweet and caring thing for the vet to do.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

That is so sweet. Nope we have never gotten anything from our vets.
    Michelle

Twice! The first card I recieved was in 1989 for Cleo. The second one was in 1992 for Shadow. These were from two different vets.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Our vet does this, too. Somewhere I have the card that came in the mail a few weeks after we took RB Bert in with his terrible cancer. I remember opening the card and feeling so very sad and yet glad that someone understood and cared. This was 9 years ago.

I hope you will save that card, too. I am glad that you found it and it helped you again

The "Rainbow Bridge" poem was on the first card I recieved; it was the first time I had heard of "Rainbow Bridge".
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Our vet in Balto. did that, too, and I have all the cards............

It is a lovely gesture, though.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

When Mr Scrappy and Mr Fluffy were PTS, I got a note and a copy of the Rainbow Bridge letter.
    That made me feel a little better.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    I had a vet do that for me once but it was so long ago that I forgot which one it was... I think it is thoughtful when they do that and shows they really understand what a person goes through when they loose a beloved pet.
    I agree. Letting people know they truly care and understand is just so nice and wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by rg_girlca
    That is so darn sweet and thoughtful of your vet to do this. Mine doesn't

I can understand you feeling sad about it. How long has it been since Tier's passing?
    Aww, I'm sorry!

One year, two months, two weeks, and four days. We had to send him to the RB on June 23rd of last year (he was nine months old and it was three weeks, exactly, before my birthday).

Quote Originally Posted by Jayna78
    Our vet sent us a beautiful card after Leo passed away. It has a silhouette of a cat looking up at a purple sky full of stars. Very sweet. Everyone signed it. It's the little things like that during times of grief that help out a lot!
    That sounds so pretty! I agree, it helped me to know that somebody could empathize (not that I am glad that their cat passed on it's that they could understand the feelings).