Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    I'm watching the South Beach Food Fest (not very impressed). Paula Deen is on. UGH.

Is it just me, or did Emeril get really fat and really balding?!
    EL and AB have the same barber, that's all.

PD had a guest cook on her Friday night program last night. I don't know who he was but she asked him something about being in touch with his feminine side. She then started in with the sex jokes and when the guy started to go toe to toe with her, she stopped him so her show wouldn't get cancelled.

She's way too creepy and without shame., that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    EL and AB have the same barber, that's all.

PD had a guest cook on her Friday night program last night. I don't know who he was but she asked him something about being in touch with his feminine side. She then started in with the sex jokes and when the guy started to go toe to toe with her, she stopped him so her show wouldn't get cancelled.

She's way too creepy and without shame., that woman.
    I saw that show. Paula is bordering on cancellation with the disgusting way she acts on Paula's Party. She acts like a total sex fiend on that show but she can shift gears in a heartbeat and pour on the southern accent for Mr. Jimmy Carter and Rosalyn. I know that's an old show but the contrast of the two shows is like night and day and shows how she really is. Friday night she's a total slut and the other days, for the most part, she's a down home southern lady(???).

Jennie, you're right about Emeril. He's gained alot of weight. You hardly see him eat much on camera so he must stuff himself after the show. I think he's a big drinker too. He is such a show off on Emeril Live. Between him and Paula, turning the channel seems the only way to go.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I was just watching Anne Burrell's show. I didn't know she had one. She's a great cook (and I love her hair, lol). She sounds like she grew up in my home town. Kinda too down to earth?? Not sure. I don't think I ever heard a chef on tv say something wasn't "any big whoop." That cracked me up.

The Barefoot Contessa is on now. She does nothing for me. She just seems to be a rich priss.

I have never watched Paula Deen's shows. I just don't like her. I had no idea she made really sexual comments! I'm shocked!!!

Jennie, Paula usually acts like a decent person(questionable)most of the time except for Friday night on Paula's Party. If you're bored and home on a Friday, take a look at it. I think you'll be surprised at some of the things she says. Alot of times, she has her family on there too. I hope they decide to keep her little Grandson, Jack, at home when he gets older and aware of what Grandma is saying.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

LOL,

The NFNS judges couldn't make up their minds on who to send home. I don't think that any of them have had a clear thought in a few years-which is funny considering their multiple personalities.

Flake doesn't like whathisname. THat poor kid is banking everything on this show.....Kinda scary! This could crush this poor guy!

-----------------

I liked the idea of taking the final three back to NY, Think of that extra .99 cents to text a vote!

Guy Fieri makes me laugh and want to turn the channel-I think that the bowling shirt fashion statement and the long shorts are really tiring. He must not be married, what woman would let their husband go out in public, dressed like that?

-------------

The new Dinner Impossible really sucks. Having your sous chefs dressing up and looking like garage mechanics in another funky thing I can't get behind.
    I don't like Symon anyway. That comic book villian laugh really creeps me out.

Symon was a chef that Anthony Bourdain visited on his Travel Channel show...
    I remember him from that laugh...creepy.

-------

Emeril is now on the Fine Living Network all week long now....

---------

I used to like AB and when he showed that he's not the 'foodie' that he portays himself to be (while on the road shows he did) he lost me. I would have died of a ruptured stomach long before I would have broken my shoulder.
    He doesn't have the food 'daring' that I thought he would have.

I just want to watch people cook..........that's all!

Bob Tuschman earned a major point with me last night by calling Bobby Flay's bluff about Adam. I'm glad all three are going back to NYC. I felt like Aaron crashed and burned last night on the buffet challenge. I think that Shane and Kelsey should get their own show and Adam should be the NFNS. I get the impression that the selection committee has already chosen Lisa, though. Did Rachael Ray gain a *lot* of weight?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

WOWSER!!! Who knew Lisa could sing? Where did that come from? I have to say I love love love that chunky necklace she was wearing. I've gotta get one. Aaron was pitiful. Adam was like he was born in Vegas

I don't envy the judges with the decision. It's almost impossible to differentiate between them as far as assets/talent goes. I am confused though. Didn't Tushman say that the three of them will go to New York and the decision will be made there next week? Does that mean we don't get to vote? Has anybody heard about the viewers voting?

Booby definitely is scared of Adam making it. Tooooooo much competion for him? If the only thing Adam can do is smoke meat, how useful will he be? Booby is one arrogant fella. I saw it several times again last night.

I'm with you, Richard. GF needs to update and change his look. He looked so out of place. Did you see he was actually wearing pants in one segment? He looks like a 40 year old trying to look like a 20 year old. His hair is fixin to fall out any day now. Remember when Cyndi Lauper's hair fell out in the 80's from over processing.
    Bald Guy coming right up. Is he really married? I know he has a son. That's scary enough.

Dinner Impossible with Symon = D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R. What a mess. Symon scares me to death with that weird laugh too. It's so unprofessional for the Iron Chef show. He's the only one that makes a mockery of it while the rest of them treat Kitchen Stadium like a sacred building. He makes jokes about everything so how can he carry any authority? No one will listen.

Richard, the Alton Brown admiration is definitely a "girl" thing. He was so studly and appealing on the road. We women saw the sexy side of him.
    On Good Eats, he's a little too scholarly for me but I love to try to learn from him.

I have a funny feeling that NFNS might keep all three of them and give them all a show Since they lost Amy last year, maybe three shots will be better than one.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Flake doesn't like whathisname. THat poor kid is banking everything on this show.....Kinda scary! This could crush this poor guy!
    He really hates Adam. I like Adam in a way. But Bobby misquoted him again, he said that Adam had never cooked that before last night, and what Adam said was that he hadn't had a chance to cook what he loved before last night.

I hate Bobby Flay.

-----------------

Guy Fieri makes me laugh and want to turn the channel-I think that the bowling shirt fashion statement and the long shorts are really tiring. He must not be married, what woman would let their husband go out in public, dressed like that?
    Guy Fieri has watched too much "Two and a Half Men", lol. Same shirts!!!

-------------

The new Dinner Impossible really sucks. Having your sous chefs dressing up and looking like garage mechanics in another funky thing I can't get behind.
    I don't like Symon anyway. That comic book villian laugh really creeps me out.
    I actually like Michael Symon. I like his laugh. He actually shows his personality and is goofy, but not stupid goofy, ya know??? I like his sous chef too... the one who got the chocolate dipped bacon (GAG!!!!)

I was reading some of the posts about the Next Food Network Star. I can't stand Lisa. She annoys me. She's prissy and dresses like she's from the 50's and just ugh!!! Also, she's all squinty. Someone needs to either do something to make her eyes not so white, while the rest of her face is tanned, or I dunno.

One person on the blog said she looks like a Romulan from Star Trek. I about peed my pants, because I looked at her picture, and just thought, OMG!!! That is spot on!!!

Bobby was right though, when he said "Will people tune in to watch her, week after week after week?" Um... NO!!! At least I won't. She just is too full of herself. I just don't like her.

I adore Aaron. I hope he can pull it together. They need more color on that network anyway, lol!!

Oh, and Alton Brown.... sigh.... I just swoon over him!!! There's just something sexy and nerdy and hot about him. I love him!!!

(I also had a thing for Niles on Fraiser too, lol. Gotta be the almost bald, nerdy white guys or something, lol).

This made me giggle...

I think Lisa has a lot of insecurities, and that's when she gets all defensive and hi-falutin' - and her make-up doesn't do her any favors, either. I was glad that all three are going to the finals, though last night was the first time Adam apparently cooked something tasty!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post

Richard, the Alton Brown admiration is definitely a "girl" thing. He was so studly and appealing on the road. We women saw the sexy side of him.
    On Good Eats, he's a little too scholarly for me but I love to try to learn from him.
    LOL,
    You mean you swoon over guy that won't eat pig's feet or head cheese?

MY measure of GF is taking her to the deli seeing if she'll do pig's feet with me.

-------------
    JL,

Did you ever see the Tim Allen movie, Galaxy Quest?

Check it out. The actress that plays the alien.

OH, I had forgotten the 'many small bowls of pre measured, perfectly centered and perfectly placed around the "mother bowl".

That is a peeve I was able to work through, By cooking as sloppily as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I think Lisa has a lot of insecurities, and that's when she gets all defensive and hi-falutin' - and her make-up doesn't do her any favors, either. I was glad that all three are going to the finals, though last night was the first time Adam apparently cooked something tasty!
    I agree. Lisa cries over everything. That makeup and squinting expression does nothing for her. What's with all that white concealer she uses?

I also like Aaron alot. I really hope he gets it. FN doesn't have a single black man on a show do they? I think he could be really enjoyable to watch. He seems down to earth.

Elyse, RR has been looking very puffy in the face and neck lately for some reason. She also looks heavier around the backside.
    On the other, I thought Paula Deen looked a little thinner on the South Beach show. Maybe it was what she was wearing.

We finally got to see Giada pregnant. She didn't look like she had gained an ounce.

Is it just me or do women seem to be in love/lust with Booby Flake? Other than here on PT that is.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

LOL,
    You mean you swoon over guy that won't eat pig's feet or head cheese?

MY measure of GF is taking her to the deli seeing if she'll do pig's feet with me.

-------------
    JL,

OH, I had forgotten the 'many small bowls of pre measured, perfectly centered and perfectly placed around the "mother bowl".

That is a peeve I was able to work through, By cooking as sloppily as I can.
    YUCK!!!! No pig's feet and head cheese breath around me please.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

-------------
    JL,

Don't remember ever seeing it. I'm not a fan of Sigourney Weaver. Will see if I can rent it somewhere. Does she get killed off early?? (Signourney??).

One of the only reasons I could watch Jersey Girl with J. Lo in it... She died within the first 15 minutes of the film, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Don't remember ever seeing it. I'm not a fan of Sigourney Weaver. Will see if I can rent it somewhere. Does she get killed off early?? (Signourney??).

Not the Sigourney Weaver character!

You can go to IMDB and check out the stills of the movie. For some reason my comp freezes when I go there!

Look for the Lisa haircut.