Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone else with a rescued dog ???

anyone else with a rescued dog ???

heyhey im new to the website but i would like to share a story about my rescued duchound (sp) well it was when i was about 6 7 or 8 (im 14 now) when my dog died and i was horified my mom said that we would never get another one ccause we had already had quite a few dogs anyway one day i walked into the house,when i looke don the table and there was a leash i asked my mom but she just kept walking so i went to my grandmothers room and there under the blanket was a litle puppy duchound as cute as could be he was only as big as my hand maybe bigger but we realized he was very skidish around men and wouldnt let us touch him on the sides well see we called the person who rescued him and asked what had happened well it turned out a couple who had owned him left him out in the big freezed (mississippi ) had back back before we got him well they left him out side in a cat carrier with no blanket and everytime he barked that would kick him on the ribs this is why he didnt like us to touch him i could not stand what those people had done i couldnt understand how someone could be sooo cruel how someone could care less about the animal that in that case prolly new more than they did well i just thought i would share my stroy and let everyone know that animals can find good himes even if it takes a while my dog is aliv eand well going on 49 pounds lol but i hope this menas somethin to everyone out there ttyl aim sn SeKreTz07
    ~tiger~

sounds like a great doggie you have--do you have any pics to share with us??
    Welcome to Pet Talk!!!!

I have a rescued dog too, she's the beagle in my sig--we got her from a beagle rescue here, and she is wonderful!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

no sorry i dont have a pic i wish i did he is a sweet potatoe colored duchound/basset kinda fat lol he needs a diet
    ~tiger~

Hi tiger! Welcome. I have a rescued Jack Russell Terrier mix (the black and white one in my picture), we think that's what she is anyway. She apparently suffered some abuse at a man's hands as well. She didn't like my husband at all at first, but now we're all getting along much better. I don't know why some people are so mean, but aren't you glad there are lots more like us?
    Oh, BTW, what's your dogs name?

Welcome to Pet Talk. Of our three dogs: Sassee, a beagle, was rescued from a puppy mill by my fiancee over 12 years ago. Then we had to rescue her and her puppy Ginger from my fiancee's ex hubby. He took care of the pets about as well as he cared for the grown human children.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Welcome aboard! My husband and I have 20 rescue poochies. We look forward to pictures soon!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

All of our dogs are rescues.....here's a picture of our newest rescue, Norbert.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~Kat

Both of our dogs are rescued. And Kelcee too

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Welcome to PetTalk! Out of our four I have one rescue. We got her from the neighbors, who along with their older male shepard were starving her to death.

As you can see she's not starving anymore. In fact, she shared my breakfast this morning and since no one else would get up she got everyone's share!

She is the dog that everyone who comes to visit says "If you ever want to get rid of her, I'll take Carly." Like I'd let her go - NOT! She's one of my babies.

We'd love to see pictures of your baby as soon as you have some.

Ripley (black poodle in my signature) is a rescued dog. He has been with us since 1/16/03 and I can't even remember life before he came. He is a doll baby and it seems like he has always been here! He just blended in so well instantly! I was at the shelter where I got him just yesterday, to get papers to filled out now that we have had him neutered. Of course after I finished with that I walked through the shelter and looked at the cage where I first laid eyes on him. I am so glad he is not there any more but living with me now in his forever home! It made me sad though. So many dogs, so few homes.

Gesh..Carly is beautiful!

Thanks!! She's my baby!

Welcome to Pet Talk!
    Here are my two rescues: Killian and Shiloh, saved from Animal Welfare League, a kill shelter.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Sue what a treat to see Killian and Shiloh! You don't post enough pictures of them! More! More!

Thank you, Pam! The pic is a bit old, though. It's from 2001. I'll have to get more on-line to post.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)