Thread: Fister's vet visit May 15th

Fister's vet visit May 15th

Although I had the box where Fister couldn’t see it, he went under the bed half an hour before the vet visit.

So.... out with the vaccum cleaner. Luckily, he ran to the bathroom where the box was!! Of course, now he knew something was up, but I grabbed him and put him inside - no bloodshed.

I had borrowed a pram which was ready downstairs, so off we went.

We had only 5 min waiting, and Fister was patient. A dog came out with a bandage around his one paw, and another huge dog came in the door, no problem! They were both sweet dogs.

Now to the pictures. First a picture of my vet in his front office (he hates having his picture taken, but he allowed me to take one)

Then, in to the back to get Fister sorted out. First, I read him my long list of questions, and the vet started examining him.

First he was weighed - he is now 7.24 kg. so he hasn’t lost much weight.

Then the vet had a good look at his teeth, they were fine (I do kind of brush them form the outside, and it seems to help.

A bloodsample had to be taken...

After a while he was getting a little fed up with all the and wanted to expore the rest of the office...

But all in all, he was such a brave boy.

Last edited by Randi; 05-16-2007 at 12:55 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Aaaww- a vet reportage. That will set a new standard And even big boy Fister cools down a little and does not rip up the vet's arm

Hey Fister, way to go!

Fister's vet visit - May 15th

On the way back, we walked through the graveyard and visited John. I think he really enjoyed the walk there, birds were singing, sun was shining and it was so peaceful. Fister even looked in the right direction.

When we got back, I gave him a few treats and he went to have a nap in his own bed, I think he had enough for one day, but now, he's back on my bed.

No, I don't want to look at you!

My vet didn’t think it was neccesary to gve him a vaccination every year, one of the things he was vaccinated for last year, lasts for 3 years. And after he examined him, he didn’t find it neccesary to take a Thyroid test just now.

I bought him a bag of Hills S/D and a bag of W/D. The vet also gave me several little bags of various dry food. I use them as treats.

I called just now to get the results:

Urea = 8,2 - last year 8,7
    Alt = 5,2 - last year 6,4 (liver)
    Glu = 6,33 - last year 16,49 (most likely because of anesthesia)

So everything looks fine.
    Last edited by Randi; 05-15-2007 at 01:00 PM. Reason: wrong date

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

And I wondered when I read "pram" Now it's all clear

How nice of you to got to visit John with Fister.

I do believe the picture of you pushing Fister in his pram....has to be one of the most charming things I can imagine!

Good boy Fister.....

I love that last pic of Fister winking as if he was in charge of the situation the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi

Although I had the box where Fister couldn’t see it, he went under the bed
    half an hour before the vet visit.

So ... out with the vaccum cleaner.

I had borrowed a pram which was ready downstairs, so off we went.

HI, John!! ~ Nice to see ya! ~~ We all *MISS* Ya!

Hey Fis ~~

NICE Ride, Bub!
    * Double Decker Bus (good view)
    * 4-wheel drive
    * Convertable top
    * (Doubles as a wind screen)
    * Safety strap
    * Brakes

So glad you "enjoyed" the trip!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

What a hoot! I have never thought to take pictures at the vet. I'm too busy trying to make sure that nobody bites the vet.
    How nice that Fister got a bit of a walk in the fresh air afterwards. That was a lovely idea.

Thanks for sharing these pictures and updates on Fister. He sure was a good boy and I'm so glad that he's also healthy.

Randi, I'm so glad Fister had a good report! Don't you love reporting good news? I'm glad you and Fister stopped to see John. I know you both miss him very much. We all do.

Logan

I should take Photos of Stonegates where my Vet has his practice.
    He has his practice in a beautiful huge house in the country.
    That makes a very nice visit in the peace and quiet of the country.
    You certainly have a Great Vet , and he certainly has a well stocked larder where Fister can get Great Food to eat.
    And its nice than Fister visited his Paw Pa.
    That was so touching.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Fister, you are a stunning Orangeman. Thank you for winking at me today, you have made my day!

Randi, till I saw your photos I never would have thought to set Cassie's carrier right onto a pram. They make cat prams - Petsmart sells them - and I've given serious thought to buying her one, just to get us both outdoors a bit more. But I can buy a secondhand one at a yard sale or flea market probably for a lot less than a cat pram. I agree with Phred, though - Fister has a very nice ride with those strong wheels. I'm glad his lab report was good!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

LOLOL Fister you are just the coolest dude And such a good boy for the vet - your mommy must be so proud of you little man

Randi the picture of Fister in the pram visiting his daddy is too precious - it brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful and thoughtful mom you are.

Hugs, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu