Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I skip Christmas?

Can I skip Christmas?

Seriously can I? I so wish I could go into details of what is going on in my life because I am having such a hard time dealing with it all. And it is not just post partnum depression. That is actually a very small part of the whole big problem. I am suppose to decorate tomorrow, always do on the 1st. But every time I look at the decorations I cry. The last thing I want to deal with is Christmas, and it is my favorite holiday. But this year I just want to curl up in a ball and cry and sleep away Christmas till the new year comes. I just don't know how i am going to deal with it.

Nicole

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

If Christmas is your favourite time of year, you already love it in your heart; don't stress about the externals. Take away the Dec 1st deadline...just see what happens.

Decorate yourself with something special you like - even a simple pin.

Can we help? Can you even describe something in general, and we can draw from our experiences based on what you say?

"God does not love us because of who we are, but of because who God is."

Keep faith, hon. You are always loved. HUGS HUGS HUGS
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

In years past, my church did an Advent Devotional booklet this time of year with a reading for every day. Some stories were quiet, some funny, some were just favorite poems - I could PM you one every day if it might help ease things a bit. One of my favorites was written by a now-deceased (much beloved) gentleman who was a Navy man, aboard ship for Christmas during WW II.

You can skip the glitz and the shopping and the frenzy, and the malls and the hassles, and still have a good and blessed Christmas, love.

Life can be very difficult

Nicole, I don't know what is happening in your life, that is creating such stress, but believe me, we all can identify with your problem. Each of us has our own little basket just full of problems and dreadful times. I am not trying to make light of anything you are going through, just want you to know that we are all having problems from time to time, so you are not alone.

I have been going through some personal problems these past few months and it seems never ending. I know it will get better with time, but gosh, it does seem impossible.

I am not decorating this year, but that works for me. I do have little white lights on the porch railings along with some greens and winterberry, but that is it! You have small children....so not celebrating is out of the question. I bet you could get away with the minimum this year and the children wouldn't even notice~

I hope you get a break and things get better for you.

We are all here for you too.

(((((((((((((((((((((Nicole))))))))))))))))))))))) )

I would imagine if Christmas IS your fave holiday that it IS the depression that is doing this to your spirits right now. I hope you are getting some professional help, as post-partum depression really isn't something to shake a stick at.

Jonah was born in September. He was 3.5 months at Christmas, that first year. Guess what? I did next to nothing. I am pretty convinced he will have no recollection of it. None.

Good luck, and keep reaching out.

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time this year. Depression is such a sneaky little thing. Stress, life, and a new baby can set anyone back.... but then the holidays makes everything worse. Sometimes you're too exhausted physically and mentally to do anything, then guilt about not wanting Christmas sets in and you feel even worse and more hopeless. Trust me, I know what you mean, as I was there last year. Take a holiday off and don't knock yourself out about it! A happy and healthy mom is more important than homemade cookies and red ribbons on presents.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

{{{hugs}}}
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Nicole, do what works for you at this point in time. Last year I was going through a lot and for the first time in my almost 50 years I had NO Christmas decorations up. I just couldn't do it all, something HAD to give and I finally realized it was NOT going to ME. So I just did a few outings with family and riends to hear holiday concerts, but didn't do anything here in the house.

Prayers and hugs that you find your way through whatever is happening.

Thanks for your support everyone. I didn't put up the decorations. I don't know if I will. The kids got to have fun decorating over a grandmas though with several of their cousins yesterday. So they didn't notice and still got to have fun.

I just can't wait for this month to be over and for the new year to come. Maybe then things will change and be much better. But sadly none of it is in my control so I just have to wait and see.
    Nicole & Ronan

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sweetie i really feel for you, depression is the pits, I know you say it is not that alone,but sometimes it can indeed just be as simple as that,do feel free to reach out to any of us here, many of us sadly have experienced just how bad this can be, just know you are not alone,if you don't feel like doing the xmas thing, i say to heck with it,where is the written rule that one has to celebrate xmas anyway, only participate if it helps you, you have to put yourself first sometimes and do what is best for you.

I can only hope whatever it is in your life that is making you feel this way and that you have no control over,subsides and you can indeed start to feel your happy self again, take care and never be afraid to ask for help. HUGS
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hope you check back in with us Nicole!!

Please let us help you!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Last year I told my mom I intended to launch myself into outer space from the day before Thanksgiving till the second of January because holidays with my non-functional family are such a hassle. You can only do what you're able to. Maybe this is not a year for extensive decorations. On the other hand, maybe you will feel like doing it later in the month. I hope you will still have a very happy Christmas whatever you end up doing.

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Nicole and family
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>