Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "Ki" to my heart, Happy Gotcha Day.

The "Ki" to my heart, Happy Gotcha Day.

I've been a proud owner of the element of love, loyalty, companionship, and happiness for quite a while now. Amazingly enough, they all come in a small package. A year ago today, I recieved a small package containing all of these. Her name was Emily. Although monetary issues arrive when receiving one of these packages, no amount of money could exchange the relationship a devoted receiver of one of these packages obtains.

When you come home, the package squeels with the joy of seeing you again.
    When your eyes become moist and fill with tears, the warmth of the package soothes you.
    When you become tired, the package is more than happy to curl up beside you for a nap or two.
    When you want to jump around and have fun, the package will grab his/her favorite toy and romp around carelessly.

The package is more than that, though. It has a mind, a heart, four legs, a tail, two soulful eyes, a beautiful (natural) fur coat, alert ears, a cold nose, and an open-mind. You'll need to devote yourself to this package and make sure it has the best care it can receive. Over the years i've become keeper of 3 packages.

Today I celebrate the 1 year commemoration of the day we met Kiara. She was 15 weeks old and would not let anyone but my father and I come near her kennel. She was scared, skiddish, unsure of things.
    She sat in my lap the way home.

It was very obvious, her first day in her forever home, she adored tennis balls.

And I was beyond happy to see my 3 packages living happily together..

I'm unsure of her background, i'm unsure of her previous owners... But I wish I could thank them for carelessly leaving her on the side of the road.

This dog amazes me more and more everyday. I know i've said it, numerous times. She's just an amazing little creature.
    There's just so many things I could say about her but it'd take me forever. She has a new thing each day that makes us all smile. She learned a lot of her tricks within the first week of having her, and she's still going and going!

Continued...

The first time we took her to the beach I had to try and drag her into the water.

I've created a maniac.

It just seems so weird we've had her for just a year. It seems like she's been here forever and I can't imagine it without the 3 of them. They are a pair, all 3 of them fit just perfectly.

I'm so glad Kiara decided to be ours.

I love you Lil Keeks, and thank you for so much. Happy Gotcha Day, Kiara

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

happy gotcha day, Kiara!

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Happy Gotcha Day gorgeous girl!!!

K - what a lovely post.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Seems so long ago, doesn't it? But then again, they are still the little puppies we just brought home!

You've gotten so big Kiara! Your mommy turned you from a small, scared, wide-eyed puppy into a big, bold girl! You always have that look in your eye like you're ready for anything! (Just like Riley!)

Happy Gotcha Day Ki! We're glad you got reunited with who was meant to be your real mommy
    Riley's Dogster page

Thanks Ashely!

Happy Gotcha day Kiara

The puppy pictures of her are precious. She has grown into such a gorgeous dog.

You are so lucky to have such amazing dogs Kay, and they are very lucky to have such an amazing owner. Just from the pictures I see, I can tell she has such an amazing personality and it always brings a smile to my face to see her adorable pictures. I love looking at your threads and seeing your pups.

I know that Kiara will have an amazing Gotcha day and will be spoiled rotten! Give her a huge hug and a few tummy rubs for me.

Happy Gotcha Day to a very special and beautiful Kiara. I always enjoy seeing her pics and what new tricks she has learned. She is truly a devoted companion and friend always there for you. All 3 of your packages are gorgeous.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Happy Gotcha Day Kiara! Doesn't seem that long ago! You sure picked the right people to reach out to that day! Hope your day is extra special sweetie!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh, Kay, what a beautiful thread! Kiara is a very special dog and you are a very special mom to her and her siblings. Happy Gotcha Day, Kiara! You are a very talented and adorable little girl!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

It's amazing that it has been a whole year! We all remember when you brought her home - breaking the "tan muttlies" theme, in grand style! She's become an integral part of your family, and that is testament not only to what a great pup she is, but what wonderful owners you are!

Happy Gotcha Day, Kiara - you picked the right family, of that there is no doubt!

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY KIARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay, your tribute to Kiara has me in tears this morning. How very sweet. What a little package she is too!! She is just the most amazing dog ever. Your Mom really loves you sweet girl!!! Have a wonderful day in the pool Lil Ki, with tennis balls everywhere!! She is such a gorgeous girl now and those puppy pictures are incredible. Happiness always!!!

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY KI!!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

13. Time flies by when your having fun! I can't believe how fast a year goes by, it seems like forever but its always just the beginning!

HAPPY GOTCHA KIARA!

What a wonderful tribute to a very special girl. I enjoyed seeing the puppy pictures of Kiara. She looks so happy and contented from the moment she moved into your house. You were all certainly meant to be a family. The picture of her first time in the water made me laugh, knowing what we know now. Happy Gotcha Day, Kiara!!! Lots of tennis balls, swimming, belly rubs and hugs for you today.

~HAPPY GOTCHA DAY KIARA~
    Its hard to believe she is already a year. She is an amazing dog.
    I'm so glad you two found each other.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~