Thread: Reasons why I love my cat

Reasons why I love my cat

After reading this thread http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...14#post2044214 and the ones about KT's Amos and Hannah ... and after wiping my leaky eyes ... I thought I'd put in my two cents.

I love Cassie because ...
    She greets me at the door (most of the time) whether I've been gone for a few minutes, a few hours or a few days. Tuesday night I went out with the trash and she was waiting at the door when I came back.
    She tells me (again, most of the time) that she's happy to see me.
    I can hug and snuggle her.
    She lets me know when she wants to jump up on the bed with me.
    She plays with me, eats catnip and treats.
    Because of her I have registered for PT and met more people who feel the same way about their dogs, cats, bunnies, horses, and other pets!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I love Taz because:
    He has been with me through SOO much over the past 13 years.
    He knows when I'm angry or upset and helps me calm down.
    We cherish our together time each morning.
    He has accepted a little sister (for the most part).
    Gosh, I can't even explain why I love him so much. He is definitely my kitty.

I love Paizly because:
    Each morning she rubs all over me, purring up a storm and can't seem to get enough pets.
    She cuddles with (and on) me, and only me.
    She assists me when I'm on the computer (ok, she chases the cursor on the screen and steps all over the keyboard, but I still love her, lol).
    I'm still getting to know her, but in the short time she's been with us we have formed a bond.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I love Mitzi because she is so round and squishable and she lets me squish her.
    For our morning time together, even when she wakes me at 4:30 a.m. during the week to get snuggles. Weekend mornings are extra special as we get to spend even more time snuggling close in bed.
    I love when she cuddles up to me when I'm watching TV.
    I love that she's gotten braver and is now jumping up onto the toilet seat to meow at me to get out of the shower to pet her.
    I love sharing my dinner with her.
    I love the way she taps my hand with her paw when I'm giving her treats.
    I love it when she chases her tail or goes digging into her toy box to discover a "new" toy. She never puts them back of course, but I love her anyway

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Oh were do I start. I LOVE:
    MITS my main boy for making sure that I go to bed on time. For trying to keep in bed in the morning. For making me stay in bed when I'm not well. For greeting me at the door every time.
    BART For meeting me at the door. For snuggles in my chair. For lifting his head so I can give a Quick scratch as I walk by andjust keeping an eye on me.
    ET For being the house grump but making sure that I give her a kiss on the head and a scratch while I trying too get dressed in the morning.
    PEAK For being the house lover even though he is my wifes boy.
    CHESSIE For being my wifes main boy and letting me scatch once in a while.
    PRINCESS For keeping an eye on everyone and keeping them in line. For the nice morning snuggle.
    LENNY For being the crazy quiet one that helps keep us warm at night and makes sure that all the cat beds are in good working order.
    BAILEY For meeting me at the door and giving great snuggles and scratchs.
    LITTLE BEAR (LB) For letting me know that no matter what happens or what life brings, you still can be happy and loving.
    LUCKY For letting the kid out just to have fun.
    SWEETY & BOOTS For reminding me that there still is work too be done.
    GILL & Crew;

Well in my house it would be Why I Love My CatS.. I Love them all due to they are always being just them selves.. They greet me at the door no matter what time of day it is.. I love to watch them sleep, eat & play.. They give me such unconditional Love at all times.. We cuddle for afternoon naps & of course at night time.. They let me give them Wet Whisker Smootchess at all times.. My babies are my Life & Soul for sure.. Yes for sure Love Love my babies dearly..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I love Eve because:

She is so affectionate and loves to snuggle every chance she gets with mommy and with daddy
    She is such a smart girl and loves to play games and with her toys
    She loves to talk about everything
    She is so social and loves meeting new people
    She has a good sense of humour and shares it with us
    She has let mommy leash train her and take her for walks (even though it would be more fun to run around by herself)
    She is well behaved when she goes to the vet (even though she doesn't like the other kitties)
    She is kind hearted and has a beautiful spirit
    She chose us and wants to be a part of our lives and of course,
    She is such a special girl (I'm her mommy and can say that)
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I LOVE MY FOUND CATS AS THEY MAKE ME FEEL SO GOOD , KNOWING THAT GIVING THEM THIER FURREVER HOME HAS MADE A BETTER LIFE FOR THEM.
    AND THEY HAVE GIVEN ME BACK A MILLION TIMES OVER WHAT IHAVE GIVEN THEM THROUGH THE GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD.
    I LOVE THEM BECAUSE THEY LOVE ME WITH NO RESERVATIONS, AND ARE CONTENT WITH WHAT I DO FOR THEM, AND THEY ARE ALWAYS HAPPY , AND THERE TO CHEER ME UP!!!

SCRAPPY 2 WITH THE OBJECT OF HER AFFECTIONS!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Wow. This is going to be a VERY long post... Here goes!

Hannah- She is my heart kitty. She comforts me while I am upset. The way she mews at me and pats my face to get pets. The way she looks into my eyes, and I just know she understands me.

Puff- My other heart kitty (Hannahs sissy) The way she goes crosseyed in the sunlight. The way she begs for treats off my plate. The way she lays on her back in the middle of the room. How she is scared of everyone but me and hubby. Even though she weighs 26 pounds, and is getting old, she still believes and behaves like the baby of the house. How she loves her practice golf balls. She drops it and picks it up over and over, and lets off a meowww to let everyone know it is hers and she caught it fair and square.

Stash- How I am the only person on earth that can hold and cuddle him. How he trusts me completely. And loves a good chin scritch, but only from meowmie.

M.E.- The way she cant meow, no matter how hard she tries. The way she jumps up on my back, and the way she demands to be petted.

Billy-Because he is the absolute COOLEST and most laid back fella ever. How he smacks food from my hand while I am eating. The way he LOVES his veggies. The way he KNOWS when I have went out to eat, and gets excited because he knows I have brought him back his very favorite, BROCCOLI. And the way he chews his sweet peas, and how he chomps on his potato chips.

Romeo-I love RoRo because he is so calm, and even lets kids tote him around. How me begs for attention, and MUST get petting. He loves cuddling, and he knows that he belongs. He has the cutest meow ever, and shows it off constantly!

Penny- How she LOVES every animal that comes into this house. Never a nasty word is given from her. She takes them in as her own. I love when she licks my cheek, and begs for canned food. And how shes finds her toys, and meows so loud so EVERYONE knows she caught it! And then plunks it into water.

Suzie- I love her because she won't bite me, despite biting everyone else. I love the way she acts when she needs attention, and the way she rolls over in my lap and chirps as I pet her belly.

Lucy- Her quirky personality. Her sweet meow. The way she rolls all over the carpet, just BEGGING for pets.

Kohl- How he lets Joey chew on him, and does not chew back. The way he curls up when he sleeps. The way he suckles on my hubbys arms.

Andy- I love him because he is sweet, and lovable. The way he ALWAYS sits on top of the potty pans as I clean them, grabbing my arms the entire time wanting a pat.

Amos-How he so strong willed. How he is lovable, and LOVES all of the other pets. He has never met a stranger, be it people or animals. The way he drives me nuts playing and spilling over the water dishes.The way he uses my scram mat (it makes a screeching noise that is GOD AWFUL) as a doorbell, not as a deterrant. And because no matter what happens, he loves me anyways.

Alvin- Because I am the only person on earth he trusts.. and loves. How he is so cute and has the softest fur I have ever felt. The way he looks at me, and the way he gets all excited when I pull out the laser light.

AnnaBelle- Her baby doll face. The way everytime I pet her she grabs my legs and wants to wrestle. Her baby meow, and her excitement when I pull out Da Bird toy.

AbiGail-Her loving nature. The way she plays with all of her toys, everyday! The way she carries her pink wand toy around the room, letting off a LOUD merow! The way she acts when I walk into the room.

I truly am in love with my kitties. They make me complete. I could NOT go on without them in my life. They are my family, and some of them even MORESO than my family. I literally would give my life for them. I can not imagine not spending it with them. I am so lucky, and I Thank God for them everyday.

I feel bad for anyone who has not experienced the pure love and joy of a cat. They truly are special gifts.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Oh where to start...

Reasons why I love my cats:

Mopar: I love Mopar because I have had her the longest, she has the most gentle soul how she is such a good hunter and how quiet she is and her independence.

Tucker:Oh boy where does a girl start? This cat is one of a kind his name is Tucker but we call him "welcome wagon" he has to be the nicest cat I have ever known....He loves people! Doesn't matter who they are or where they are from he loves them all the same. How he just loves to show affection to both my husband and I. And how he sits at the door no matter what time of day and waits for us to come home. Even if he is half asleep. He is our male orange tabby and we are all believers that you must always have at least one orange kitty in order to make your house complete!!

Little Miss Chloe: She was my healing kitty. She helped me through the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. The loss of my himilayan Pricilla. She was such a little fighter. She came from just horrible conditions she had a MAJOR case of coccidia when we brought her home and she was only about 4 weeks old but she pulled through. Although at times I wasn't sure she was going to make it. I love how she is some what independant yet loves her daddy. Its hard to put into words the bond the two of them have. He goes away for a couple of days and she sits at the window and eagerly awaits his return. How if you itch her chin she smiles and shows all of her teeth.(my husband is the only one that can get her to do this.) How if we are in bed she sits between the two of us as we are given a bath before we are allowed to go to sleep. She nibbles and hold you down if you don't let her just do it...

Lovely Miss Paris:Oh boy this is my heart kitty. No one wants to admit that they have a stronger bond with one cat verses another but I have to admit that Miss Paris is the one that I am closest with.....She is my "Attached" kitty. We are made to be together at all times....She was my birthday gift on my 30th birthday from my husband. This a day I will never ever ever ever forget. I love how she has never forgotten the day she came into my life. How she just knows when I need her. How she talks so much that we were at one point concerned she was in some sort of pain? How if she doesn't get what she wants she will communicate to you how much she needs it. How she looks directly into my eyes to let me know we will never part. How she sleeps with always with one paw on my face so I know she is there. And the best part.....that she attached to only me I have faith in knowing she will forever be my companion!

*I've been Boo'd*