Thread: Buttons is dead 9-14-2005 8-25-2012

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    It's sad and unfortunate that Buttons is dead, but I don't see how monetary compensation could begin to ease your pain.
    I don't think the money is the point of the exercise - making the person who owned the dogs bear some responsibility, and perhaps even feel some remorse is the point. The money is just the means to make an impact on them they might understand.
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't think the money is the point of the exercise - making the person who owned the dogs bear some responsibility, and perhaps even feel some remorse is the point. The money is just the means to make an impact on them they might understand.
    Not to sound cold, but the dogs had previous records according to the published article, and were well known to animal control. Obviously the owners cared nothing for the dogs or any of their actions, so I doubt this will make any kind of impact or raise feelings of remorse either.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'll bet my life that these dogs weren't utd on their rabies either. That sucks that Animal Control didn't file charges against the owners.

RIP sweet Buttons.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Blog Entries

buttons collar

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I'll bet my life that these dogs weren't utd on their rabies either. That sucks that Animal Control didn't file charges against the owners.

RIP sweet Buttons.
    animal control had me come to shelter with buttons collar and they took pix of it so they are pursuing it.. they will do there best.. what if a child got attacked or killed? a police officer got bit by one of the dogs you can bet the everett police are mad when one of there officers are attacked..they wont take it sitting down. pat n diane

Blog Entries

buttons is a star

i posted in everett paper about buttons.. http://www.issop.com/cats/buttons.htm this is buttons page
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by issop; 09-01-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Blog Entries

BUTTONS in the sky

this is buttons sept 2-2012 515am in the morning sky.. i took a pix with my camera.
    Last edited by issop; 09-02-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Buttons RIP

Published: Monday, September 10, 2012, 3:30 p.m.

Dog euthanized after attacks in Everett

Herald staff

Everett News

Local news

EVERETT -- A boxer involved in a series of dog attacks in north Everett on Aug. 25 was euthanized last week.

Everett police and animal control officers alleged that the boxer and a pit bull got loose from their yard and attacked five people, including a police officer.

The pit bull died after receiving an electric shock from a police Taser.

Animal control officers last summer deemed both animals "potentially dangerous dogs" after a biting incident, according to city records.

On Sept. 1, the boxer was deemed a "dangerous dog," city spokeswoman Kate Reardon said.

The owner was notified and told about the conditions that would have to be met for the dog to be returned home, Reardon said.

The owner chose to release the dog to the shelter. It was euthanized Sept. 5.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Not to sound cold, but the dogs had previous records according to the published article, and were well known to animal control. Obviously the owners cared nothing for the dogs or any of their actions, so I doubt this will make any kind of impact or raise feelings of remorse either.
    No, but it will make an impact on their wallet, which they likely WILL notice, and regret THAT, if nothing else.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

a new star.. i saw it.. it is buttons

for the past couple of morning i got up and looked up into the dark sky and this bright star venus shown right over the place where i found buttons.. i quote the posting that was posted earlier on cotd web site
    -----------------
    HERE IS A NEW STAR SHINING IN THE SKY TONIGHT ...
    Author unknown

There is an old belief that the stars shining in the night sky are the spirits of those who have died. They have shed their earthly bodies and exchanged them for bodies made of light; thousands upon thousands of our dear departed friends all promoted to glory in the night sky. There is another saying that the brightest flame burns the shortest.

My friend, you were the brightest star in my own universe. While I burn on, my flame dimmed by grief and despair at your passing, the stars are watching me. They are too far away for me to touch, just as you have gone somewhere I cannot follow until my own star-time comes. They cannot be held close for comfort, just as I can no longer hold you close, though I held you close to comfort you in your final hours. We were together for such a short time, but the stars will burn forever.

One day I will grow tired of this earthbound body, my own star-time will come and my spirit will soar into the sky to burn with all those friends who have gone before me. On the inky cloth of space we will be reunited in constellations of joy. Until then, my flame burns low and dim and cold without you. Through my tears I look upwards to see if you are watching me and what do I see?

There is a new star shining in the sky tonight. .. Please pray for buttons.. pat n diane

Blog Entries

buttons pix.. (thank you sharon)

sharon made a pix of rusty and i contacted her and she made one for butttons..

-----------------

Blog Entries

criminal investigation

everett animal shelter is doing a criminal investigation about the dogs and the death of buttons.. they are not talking untill it is complet.... i miss pretty mr buttons.....meals on wheels sent me a card and the vet sandra brought by a memorial card and some roses for me and diane.. pat

Blog Entries

buttons last will..

buttons leaves his last will for us..
    -----------

RIP Buttons
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)